Assistant Professor - Indigenous Archaeology - Department of Anthropology
Recruitment Period Open September 5th, 2019 through Thursday, Oct 31, 2019 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time) Description
The Department of Anthropology at the University of California, Berkeley seeks applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor position, in the area of Indigenous Archaeology, with an expected start date of July 1, 2020.
The ideal candidate will engage with critical questions in Indigenous Archaeology, and demonstrate evidence of reflexive attention to the broader context of archaeological research in contemporary society. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are core values at UC Berkeley and the Department of Anthropology. Our excellence can only be fully realized by faculty, students, and staff who share our commitment to these values. Successful candidates for our faculty positions will demonstrate evidence of a commitment to advancing equity and inclusion. Successful applicants will have evidence of an ongoing research program (field, lab and/or museum/archival), evidence of teaching effectiveness, and evidence of a commitment to increasing diversity and fostering inclusion in academia.
The completion of all PhD or equivalent international degree requirements except the dissertation at the time of application.
A Ph.D. or equivalent international degree in the candidates' field is preferred by the start date.
The Anthropology Department is committed to addressing the family needs of faculty, including dual career couples and single parents.
To apply, please go to the following link: https://aprecruit.berkeley.edu/JPF02329
All letters will be treated as confidential per University of California policy and California state law. Please refer potential referees, including when letters are provided via a third party (i.e., dossier service or career center), to the UC Berkeley statement of confidentiality (http://apo.berkeley.edu/evalltr.html) prior to submitting their letters.
Applications must be received by October 31, 2019. Please direct questions to Professor Jun Sunseri, Search Committee Chair at [email protected].
For information about potential relocation to Berkeley, or career needs of accompanying partners and spouses, please visit the following website at: http://ofew.berkeley.edu/new-faculty.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://policy.ucop.edu/doc/4000376/NondiscrimAffirmAct.
Job location Berkeley, CA Requirements Document requirements
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter - The cover letter should include the names/contact information for three references (one letter is required at time of application, additional two letters will be solicited by the committee for candidates under serious consideration.)
- Research Statement - (one page)
- Teaching Statement - (one page)
- Statement on Contributions to Advancing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion - Statement on your contributions to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including information about your understanding of these topics, your record of activities to date, and your specific plans and goals for advancing equity and inclusion if hired at Berkeley (for additional information go to https://ofew.berkeley.edu/recruitment/contributions-diversity).
- 1 letter of reference required
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency