Supervisor, Library Technical & Public Services
Supervisor, Library Technical & Public Services
West Valley-Mission Community College District
Closing Date: 9/25/2019
The Mission College Library is seeking a talented individual to fill the position of Supervisor, Library Technical & Public Services.
The purpose of this position is to provide leadership and management of the technical and public operation of the college library. This includes supervision of technical staff and circulation services. Daily tasks also may include ordering books and supplies, customer service for students, faculty and staff, assisting with data and reports, initiating and following up on building and equipment maintenance requests, and other related duties. Incumbent will also work directly with faculty librarians to coordinate library services and operations. This position reports to the Dean of Instructional Support.
Mission College is located in the heart of Silicon Valley. Our staff and faculty are among the most qualified in the state and our students appreciate the college for its friendly staff and supportive atmosphere.
Applicants who possess the knowledge, skills and life experience to address the cultural and educational needs of a culturally diverse student population are encouraged to apply.
100% of full time, 40 hours per week, 12 months per year, with anticipated start date of November 18, 2019. Schedule may change to include some evening or weekend hours, as needed. This position is a member of the Supervisors Unit and represented by Teamsters Local 856.
Work Location: Mission College, Santa Clara, CA.
Please note the work schedule is Tuesday through Saturday for this position.
Salary and Benefits:
Anticipated Hiring Range:
- $7,636.83-$8,418.17 monthly (Supervisors Salary Schedule, Range 28, Steps A-C).
- Employer-contributed medical, dental and vision for employee, spouse and dependents.
- Employer-paid long term disability for employee.
- Employer-provided life insurance.
- 13 paid holidays, plus 1 floating holiday annually; paid non-workdays between Christmas and New Year.
- 22 days vacation leave accrued annually (24 days after 7 years).
- 12 days sick leave accrued annually.
- Personal necessity leave and personal business leave.
- Educational growth incentive program from $40 to $200 monthly.
- $500 longevity award annually after 10 years of service and $1,000 longevity award annually after 15 years of service.
- CalPERS retirement.
- Position is union affiliated.
Any combination of experience and education that would provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required knowledge and abilities would be:
1. Understanding of, and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
2. Four years of increasingly responsible experience in the library technical and public services function, including one year providing technical and functional supervision over assigned staff.
3. Equivalent to an Associate’s degree from an accredited college with major coursework in library science, or a related field.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Recommend and assist in the implementation of goals and objectives; establish schedules and methods for library services on an assigned college campus; implement policies and procedures.
- Plan, prioritize, assign, supervise, and review the work of staff involved in library technical and public services.
- Evaluate operations and activities of assigned responsibilities; recommend improvements and modifications; prepare various reports on operations and activities.
- Participate in budget preparation and administration; prepare cost estimates for budget recommendations; monitor and control expenditures.
- Participate in the selection of staff; provide or coordinate staff training; work with employees to correct deficiencies; implement discipline procedures.
- Ensure library facilities, equipment, and IT are functioning properly, report issues and follow up until resolved.
- Liaison with faculty librarians to ensure that the public and technical library services are supporting and meeting the educational needs of students.
- Maintain library supplies, and make purchases as necessary to support library operations.
- Serve as the backup staff member during absences and weekends.
- Answer questions and provide information to students, staff, administrators, and others; investigate complaints and recommend corrective action as necessary to resolve complaints.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other district employees, and the public using principles of good customer service.
- Foster an environment that embraces diversity, integrity, trust, and respect.
- Be an integral team player, which involves flexibility, cooperation, and communication.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
For more information on this position and to apply, please visit our website at the following link: wvm.peopleadmin.com
Applicants who, due to a disability, require accommodations to complete the application, testing or interview process, please contact Human Resources at (408) 741-2174 to arrange for assistance.
West Valley-Mission Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency