Admission Records Support Specialist
Position InformationPosition Information Present Position Number00279WRole Code TitleAdmin & Office Specialist IIIPosition TitleAdmission Records Support SpecialistPosition Summary
The Admission Records Support Specialist will independently support the Office of Undergraduate Admissions with key administrative support and processing responsibilities. Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Freshmen and/or Transfer application processing (domestic and/or international):
• Prepare and process applicant records for completion and evaluation for the Dean Staff; Verify completion of application records to include all required elements; Maintain biographic and academic database information; Enter and audit enrolling records for transition to another department.
• Respond accordingly to applicants, parents, and counselors by phone or email; Serve as the primary backup to the Lobby Admission Counselor; Assist with annual Day for Admitted Students as assigned; Process incoming mail in an accurate and timely manner.
• Admission Records Maintenance:
• Identify, correct and report duplicate records as well as analyze and resolve problems as needed; Test processes for accuracy and completeness to ensure maximum data integrity; Participate in data cleanup projects as assigned.
• All other duties as assigned.
•High School graduate or equivalent.
•Excellent computer skills and proficiency with Internet Browsers and Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and Outlook.
•Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills and ability to disseminate information.
•Demonstrated outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail.
•Ability to handle multiple responsibilities with a high degree of accuracy.
•Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative and discretion.
•Associate’s Degree or Undergraduate degree.
•Experience working with SIS (Banner), CRM (Salesforce/Target X).
•Experience working in higher education environment.
•Demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure.
U04Job Open Date09/05/2019Review Begin Date09/19/2019Job Close DateOpen Until FilledYesEmployment CategoryOperational FTPosition Term12-MonthSpecial Application Instructions
Please attach a list of three professional references under the “applicant documents field/attachment 1”Conditions of Employment:
This is a non-exempt position, eligible to receive overtime in accordance with the Fair Labor Standards Act.
This position may be subject to overtime during high peak times, etc. as directed and approved by the supervisor.EEO Statement
William & Mary is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access employer and actively encourages applications from minorities, women, disabled persons and veterans.Background Check Statement
William & Mary is committed to providing a safe campus community. W&M conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.Supplemental Question
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Attachment 1