We are looking for a dynamic, innovative theater instructor to revitalize our theater program and bring a long-range vision to the college. The Instructor will teach full-time in the theater department. Additional responsibilities include advising students, participating as a scholar in the academic life of the college, collaborating with community members and organizations, and actively contributing to the recruitment of students for the theater program. Courses taught will cover a wide range of theater topics, including acting, design, tech, and management. The Instructor is involved with a minimum of two departmental productions per year and also teaches other general theater courses as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Demonstrated ability to work closely and cooperatively with the variety of artists, technicians, and students involved in theater.
- Evidence of strong interpersonal communication and management skills, topped off with a good sense of humor.
- Ability to work in a collaborative fashion in an environment that values collegiality and respectful-and-caring treatment of all.
- Academic expertise in program and curriculum building, including creating new courses, developing student learning outcomes and applying a student-centered learning approach.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Classroom, stage, shop and office settings
- Occasional evening and weekend as scheduled
- MA in Theater (MFA or equivalent professional experience in theater preferred).
- Demonstrated ability to teach, supervise, and mentor students.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse population that represents a wide range of abilities and ages.
- Evidence of a strong commitment to the teaching of theater-making as a part of an academically rigorous undergraduate liberal arts education.
- Practical professional experience and expertise in theater performance and production.
- Employer paid retirement plan (16.87% employer paid; .25% employee paid)
- Group Health, Dental and Life Insurance, including Flex Benefits
- Four days per year paid personal leave
- Paid medical, emergency and bereavement leave
- Employee and family tuition waivers
- Three free meals per week in modern campus dining facility
- Free easy-access parking
- Collaborative work environment
- Onsite fitness center and walking track
- Verizon, Microsoft, Dell and HP employee discounts
- Professional development
Sheridan College is located in historic Sheridan, WY at the foot of the beautiful Big Horn Mountains, minutes away from a variety of outdoor recreational activities. Sheridan is ranked "America's Top Western Town" by True West magazine and is a vibrant community. Sheridan College is a vital component in the community.
Gillette College is located in Gillette, WY, the county seat of Campbell County. Located midway between the Big Horn Mountains to the West and the Black Hills of South Dakota to the east. Gillette is a growing, family-friendly community and enjoys a very strong economy due to energy-related industries located there.
NWCCD also includes a small campus site in Buffalo, WY.
Apply online at: https://jobs.sheridan.edu