Help Desk Analyst III - School of Medicine
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-10-09
UVA’s School of Medicine and Health Information Technology is seeking an IT Helpdesk Analyst III to provide consultative and desktop support services to faculty, staff and students to ensure timely problem resolution, system/data access and optimal system performance. They provide support for desktop, mobile computing, and client/server technology. IT Help Desk Analyst III employees have fully developed technical skills. Their activities are more complex in nature and they perform in a T2/T3 capacity for long-term or non-routine assignments with minimal supervisory intervention.
Typical Work/Duties Include:
- Provide technical support to the School of Medicine community to resolve second and third-tier common desktop software, hardware, and communications issues in an efficient and timely manner.
- Communicate complex technical information to novice computer users and use enterprise troubleshooting tools in the process.
- Accurately document request history utilizing various Service Management products such as SysAid, Remedy, ITSM and Service Now.
- Triage and route advanced third-tier requests to the appropriate technical personnel and teams within the University’s ITS and Medical Center’s HIT groups.
- Provide timely resolution of problem or escalation on behalf of the user by maintaining a strong working relationship with IT professionals in areas such as network services, software systems engineering, and application development.
- Provide high-quality customer service through courteous and professional communication.
- Support and maintain effective relationships with consistent follow-up and documentation.
- Perform system upgrades and new system deployments as needed.
- Provide basic application and system training for users.
- Assist in the development of standard operating procedures and customer service guidelines.
- May assist with hardware and software evaluation.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Preferred Knowledge and Experience:
- Possess an in-depth understanding of the discipline and an in-depth understanding of the business environment of a large university and Medical Center.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the University and Medical Center’s system, its policies, and its operating procedures.
- Maintain currency of knowledge with respect to relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems.
- Possess thorough knowledge of information technology concepts and terminology; Windows and Mac OS, Mobile Devices iOS, and supported software applications; network fundamentals; IP protocol and fundamental troubleshooting techniques.
- Audio/Visual experience.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Computer Engineering or related discipline and at least three years of professional IT experience OR An Associate's Degree with 4 years of professional IT experience.
This position will remain open until filled. This is a Non-Exempt level, benefited position. This position will not sponsor applicants for work visas. Anticipated Hiring Range: $20.28 - $24.00 an hour (equivalent to $42,184.40 - $49,920 a year) depending upon education and experience. The University will perform background checks on all new hires prior to employment. This position will also require an Education Verification. (FSAKA). Process for External Applicants: Please apply through Workday, and search for ‘R0010048'. Complete an application online and attach a cover letter, CV/resume, and contact information for three references (name, email address, telephone number, and relationship). Process for Internal UVA Applicants: Please apply through your Workday Home page, search “Find Jobs,” and search for ‘R0010048’ Complete an application online and attach a cover letter, CV/resume, and contact information for three references (name, email address, telephone number, and relationship). For questions about the position or the application process, please contact Lauren Jackson, IT Recruiter at email@example.com.The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System and the University Physician’s Group are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.