Sponsored Research Consultant/Finance Manager I
DescriptionJob Purpose: Serve as subject matter expert and primary advisor within a college or an academic related or business unit on matters related to sponsored research program administration in accordance with Institute financial policies. Plan and manage associated financial support in the areas of budgets, accounting, reporting and grant and contract administration. Responsible for setting employee goals, assessing employee performance, providing feedback, and making pay recommendations.
- Manage and coordinate the sponsored research pre-award activities to include proposal development, formatting, review and submitting; budget, and fringe and overhead rates application; and database entry.
- Manage and coordinate post-award activity to include faculty liaison, monitoring expenditures and compliance and report generation.
- Manage overall sponsored research related accounting operations Including budget updates, financial reporting, Salary Planning and Distribution (SPD), sub agreements and financial forecasting.
- Provide advice to the school's Director of Business Operations regarding issues related to sponsored research plans, proposals and projects.
- Plan, direct and monitor activities of one assigned Grants Administrator responsible for sponsored research support.
- Liaise with management and staff within Office of Sponsored Programs and Grants & Contracts Accounting regarding sponsored research grants and contracts issues.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting or related field
- Work Experience: Three to five years job related experience
- Certifications: N/A
- Skills: N/A
•Preferred Education: MBA with a concentration in Finance or Accounting
•Preferred Work Experience: Six or more years of job-related experience;Experience working with DARPA, Air Force and Naval Research Awards
•Preferred Certifications: Certified Research Administrator (CRA)
•Preferred Skills: Proficiency with Microsoft Excel Additional Information: Successful candidate must be able to pass abackground check which will include a credit check. To obtain Georgia Tech’sbackground check policy, please visit: http://www.policylibrary.gatech.edu/pre-employment-screening
The incumbent will facilitateefforts with other colleges, Schools, and universities in the preparation ofproposal submission.
Impact & Influence: This position will interact on a regular basis with:Faculty and staff. This position typically will advise and counsel: Faculty andstaff. This position will supervise: Assigned staff.
Job: Finance and Accounting
Primary Location: Georgia-Atlanta
Organization: College of Computing
Job Posting: Oct 18, 2019, 8:17:31 AM