Gift Operations Assistant (part-time)
Gift Operations Assistant (part-time)Job no: 502727
Position type: Staff Part Time
Benefit Status: Non-Benefited – Non-Union
Campus: UMass Lowell
Department: University Advancement
Salary: $18 to $20 per hour
Applications Open: Oct 08 2019
General Summary of Position:
The Gift Operations Assistant is an essential role in daily gift entry of all donations received by the University. Gift Operations requires close attention to detail and the ability to follow and document processes. The position requires the interpretation of donor intent and clear communication with other members of Advancement staff. This position reports to the Senior Director of Endowments and Gift Operations.
- Preparation, entry and verification of all gifts including cash, gifts in-kind, credit cards, matching gifts and other gift tenders in a high-volume, fast-growing pledge-enabled environment.
- Produce acknowledgements and receipts that result from pledge and gift entry.
- Prepare and process employer matching gift forms for signature by the Sr. Director of Endowments and Gift Processing.
- Maintain recurring gifts by updating the spreadsheet, emailing donors regarding expired credit cards etc.
- Assist with demographic data maintenance duties, as well as supporting other administrative activities, filing, scanning etc. within Advancement Services as needed.
- Participate in Advancement-wide projects, meetings, events, retreats.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- High school diploma or GED/equivalent required, plus minimum of one year's related experience in a relevant professional business, educational, or nonprofit organization
- Strong office technology skills a must. Proficiency with Microsoft Office required
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and organizational abilities, attention to detail, task completion, communication skills, and ability to balance multiple priorities
- Experience in accurate and efficient data entry, organizing and maintaining communications files and financial records
- Preferably one-year's minimum experience with fund raising database software
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This is a temporary, part-time, non-benefited, non-unit position and is for 18 hours per week.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applicants are received.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required at the time of application.