Admissions CounselorJob no: 502338
Position type: Staff Full Time
Benefit Status: Benefited-Union
Campus: UMass Lowell
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience and grade/range
Applications Open: Sep 04 2019
General Summary of Position:
An Admissions Counselor is responsible for traditional admissions responsibilities that will enhance the recruitment and yield efforts of the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. General admissions responsibilities include: travel for high school visits, parent/student gatherings, college fairs, conducting information sessions, interacting with prospective students and other customers with Customer Relationship Management software, as well as reading, evaluating and summarizing applications for admission.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Bachelor’s Degree, student leadership experience or higher education experience
- Willingness to work and succeed outside of a conventional workweek that includes extensive travel (6-10 weeks in the fall and 3-6 weeks in the spring)
- Frequent weekend and evening hours required
- Ability to critically read and analyze applications for admission
- A valid driver’s license and personally owned reliable transportation is required
- Proven ability to perform and thrive both independently and as a contributing member of a team are essential
- Demonstrated ability to recruit in a variety of communities is preferred
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in a variety of professional situations, a level of comfort with complexity and ambiguity; willingness to learn, accept new challenges and contribute to a team of colleagues working collaboratively
- The ability to work effectively with diverse groups
- Bilingual candidates preferred
- Spanish speaking candidates preferred
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Only Internal Professional (SEIU 888 Professional Union) Bargaining candidates will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required at the time of application.