Assistant Director - Transfer Admissions
Assistant Director - Transfer AdmissionsJob no: 502375
Position type: Staff Full Time
Benefit Status: Benefited-Union
Campus: UMass Lowell
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience and grade/range
Applications Open: Sep 04 2019
General Summary of Position:
The Assistant Director of Transfer Admissions reports to the Associate Director of Transfer Admissions and is responsible for traditional transfer admissions recruitment and yield activities. General responsibilities include admissions travel to local and regional community and junior colleges in the Fall and Spring semesters, evaluating applications, and fielding questions from prospective students during appointments in the office, on the phone, or through email. Specific work with Salesforce for CRM management. Evidence of work with Social Media.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum of three years of experience in Admissions
- The ability to work independently and to lead new projects is favorable
- Ability to problem solve and advise students in a knowledgeable and accurate manor
- A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation is requiredAdditional Considerations:
- Previous experience in Transfer Admissions preferred
- Experience with CRM and Social media management preferred
- Master’s degree in related field preferred
Special Instructions to Applicants:
**This position requires travel to community college in New England. Position involves working across campuses. Nature of position requires work on some evenings and weekends. Frequent travel (both overnight and day travel).
Only Internal Professional (SEIU 888 Professional Union) Bargaining candidates will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process.