Assistant Professor in Chemistry (Inorganic) Tenure Track (Fall 2020)
Position Title:Assistant Professor in Chemistry (Inorganic) Tenure Track (Fall 2020) Position Number:10044614 Benefits Eligible:Yes Campus Location:Gainesville General Summary:
The University of North Georgia is seeking applications for a chemistry position on the Gainesville Campus at the rank of assistant professor, to begin August 2020.
The Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry is a medium, well-equipped, ACS-approved department with its majors pursuing graduate school, professional school, teaching positions, and industrial positions.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Applicants will be expected to have the expertise necessary to teach Survey of Chemistry I & II and the associated laboratories; Principles of Chemistry I & II and the associated laboratories; Inorganic Chemistry and the associated lab and other upper-level courses and electives related to their field.
- Scholarly work involving undergraduates, advising students, service to the university and community, active participation in departmental activities, maintaining a collegial work environment, and professional development are expected.
- Applicants are required to have a PhD in Inorganic Chemistry or a closely related field.
- The successful candidate will have a strong commitment to undergraduate teaching and be responsible for teaching general chemistry both for majors and non-majors.
- Excellence in teaching, scholarly activity, and university/community service are requirements for promotion and tenure.
Please submit contact information for three professional references.
In addition to a background check, this position will also require a DMV check. Employer Information:All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups. Information:Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans. We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.