Associate Director of Campus Communications and Engagement
The University of Mississippi seeks a dynamic and innovative Associate Director of Campus Communications and Engagement within the Office of University Marketing & Communications. Under the supervision of the Director of Strategic Communications, the Associate Director is responsible for developing and implementing communication strategies to enhance and increase campus engagement with students, parents, faculty and staff. This is a new role representing an expanded area of emphasis for University Marketing & Communications. Responsibilities include developing an overarching strategy to engage campus constituencies; designing and managing communications plans, tools and channels; creating and editing content for various platforms; and tracking and analyzing the effectiveness of communications channels.
Candidates must have:
• A proven ability to develop, articulate and implement a vision for a new area of emphasis.
• A demonstrated track record of managing segmented and communications channels for targeted audiences.
• Demonstrated skills and understanding of strategic communications plans that leverage a broad range of tools and channels, including digital, web, email, social media, mobile apps and digital displays to increase student engagement.
• Prior experience collaborating with units and campus leaders to enhance existing channels, to develop new channels and to ensure key messages are applied to projects in order to boost communication and engagement with campus constituents.
• The ability to work independently and within a team environment.
• A bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university and five (5) years experience related to the stated duties.
This position is located on The University of Mississippi’s main campus in the beautiful town of Oxford. Often referred to as the “Cultural Mecca of the South,” Oxford has been the home of William Faulkner, John Grisham, Willie Morris, Barry Hannah and many more outstanding writers (http://visitoxfordms.com/) In recent years, it has become known for its award-winning chefs and restaurateurs. Oxford is often recommended by many publications as a bucket list place to visit.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled, or until an adequate applicant pool is established. The University of Mississippi is an EOE/AA/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Title VI/Title VII/Title IX/504/ADA/ADEA employer.
To apply, please visit http://careers.olemiss.edu.