Business Administrator C
Job location: Stouffer Commons
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-09-04
University OverviewThe University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn’s distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.Posted Job TitleBusiness Administrator CJob Profile TitleBusiness Administrator CJob Description SummaryReporting to the Director of Administrative Services the Business Administrator for College Houses and Academic Services (CHAS) is responsible for the oversight of the financial activities for CHAS which includes 12 College Houses and all of the central administrative budgets. Provides direct supervision for the Financial Center Staff and its day to day operations. Offers financial training. Reviews and budgets and makes recommendations for financial performance in accordance with University policies and procedures.Job Description
1. Responsible for the oversight of the CHAS Financial Center and the management its day to day operations, which includes supervision of 2 full time staff members. Assign tasks to staff and monitor for timely completion and accuracy.
2. Oversee and handles purchasing, accounts payable (both purchase orders and non-po payments) via Ben Financials/Penn Marketplace, payroll, journal entry and deposit activities. Enter budget journal entries. Reconcile and monitor Purchasing Card activities as required. Establishes and maintain a system of internal controls ensuring that all CHAS transactions are appropriately authorized and validate accuracy and completeness
3. Maintain a system of budget controls to ensure expenditures to not exceed resource allocations. Runs reports (e.g. Business Objects, Ben Financials, etc) as needed. Perform monthly review and analysis of budgets to call attention to departures from budget allocations and determine the cause for such departures. Communicate budget variations to the CHAS Director of Administrative Services. Conduct monthly budget review meetings with the CHAS House Deans and Directors.
4. Review and approve CHAS travel and other business expenses/reimbursements. Approve travel arrangements via Concur. Reviews and approves travel and other expense reimbursements. Updates WEB ADI tables as needed. Ensures Travel Card expenses are reconciled in a timely manner. Follows-up with cardholders as needed.
5. Manages CHAS Student Program Card program for over 200 RA/GA and house staff cardholders. Approves applications, reviews spending limits. Ensures training is completed as required. Facilitates requests for limit changes Manages the yearly suspension/reactivation of the program.. Acts as a liaison with the University’s card administrator.
6. In conjunction with the Director of Administrative Services, develops and offers annual financial and payroll training for CHAS staff.. Provides training to new staff as needed. Offer ad hoc training based on business needs. Develop content for CHAS financial center webpage as needed.
7. Represent CHAS on various University committees/organizations as needed.
8. Archive records in accordance with University policies.
9. As needed may facilitate human resource processes and interpret human resources policies to CHAS staff.
10. Perform additional duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree with 3-5 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is required (preferably in accounting, finance or related field); accounting, business office environment (preferably in a University setting) required. Solid understanding of Excel and Word required. Experience with and knowledge of University’s budget procedures and accounting systems (e.g. Ben Financials, Business Objects, etc) and human resources/ payroll policies, procedures and systems strongly preferred. Must possess excellent communication skills which includes the ability to communicate and enforce policies and procedures with tact and diplomacy. Previous supervisory experience highly desirable. Strong attention to detail. Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information a must.
Office, library, computer room
Typically sitting at a desk or table
Occasional lifting 25 pounds or lessJob Location - City, StatePhiladelphia, PennsylvaniaDepartment / SchoolCollege Houses and Academic ServicesPay Range$50,684.00 - $91,232.00Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.Special Requirements
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.