Federal Work Study - Emergency Management Assistant
Position Title:Federal Work Study - Emergency Management Assistant Job Category:Student Department:Federal Work Study Program - 7510180 Division:Enrollment Management Services Required Documents:Cover Letter, Resume, Student Detailed Class Schedule Position Statement:Founded in 2005, Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC) is one of 28 institutions within the University System of Georgia. GGC is a premier 21st century liberal arts institution accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. Serving nearly 13,000 students, GGC’s innovative practices, caring culture, and extremely affordable tuition are changing the game in higher education and changing the future for students at all levels, of all ages, and from all walks of life. Gwinnett County (pop. 920,000+) is home to a variety of businesses, including organizations involved in health care, education and information technology. Description:
The emergency management assistant will primarily teach CPR/AED for certification. This position will also include scheduling certification classes, tracking completion, producing/delivering certification cards, and inventorying equipment. The selected candidate will also perform other duties as assigned to include, but not limited to, event planning and execution, training support, and general support of emergency management tasks.
- Teach American Heart Association CPR/AED certification course
- Schedule certification classes and locations
- Produce and deliver certification cards within program, including staff/faculty instruction
- CPR/AED equipment inventory and report
- Clean and maintain equipment
- Assist director with event planning and execution
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be currently enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours and be able to handle confidential information
- Must be in good academic standing
- Can work during the summer if not attending, as long as enrolled in fall classes
- CPR/AED certification and instructor certification must be achieved on first attempt. The director will schedule both certifications upon hire
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to prioritize effectively
- Strong skill in WORD and EXCEL
Due to the volume of applications, applicants may not receive a reply from the College unless an applicant is selected for an interview. Review of applications will continue until positions are filled. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States and proof of eligibility will be contemporaneously required upon acceptance of an employment offer. Any resulting employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation and credit check if applicable to the position, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion. Georgia Gwinnett College, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or religion. Georgia is an open records state.
Position may require local travel. Ability to lift and carry files and materials. Ability to move from one office to another office on campus. Adequate vision, hearing and manual dexterity to interact with people in person, on the phone and in writing. Applicant must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.
NOTE: Ability to move from one building to another on campus. Adequate vision, hearing, and manual dexterity to interact with people in person, on the phone, and in writing. Work may take place inside and outdoors environmental conditions. Must be able to carry 40 pounds.Work Hours:Position may require non-standard work hours (nights and weekends). This is a part-time student assistant position up to 25 hours per week. Position Status:Part-Time FLSA:Non-exempt