Assistant Director of Admissions for Recruitment
Position Title:Assistant Director of Admissions for Recruitment Job Category:Staff Department:Admissions Services - 6510520 Division:Enrollment Management Services Required Documents:Cover Letter, Resume Position Statement:
Founded in 2005, Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC) is one of 28 institutions within the University System of Georgia. GGC is a premier 21st century liberal arts institution accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. Serving nearly 13,000 students, GGC’s innovative practices, caring culture, and extremely affordable tuition are changing the game in higher education and changing the future for students at all levels, of all ages, and from all walks of life. Gwinnett County (pop. 920,000+) is home to a variety of businesses, including organizations involved in health care, education and information technology.
Georgia Gwinnett College is seeking a highly motivated, customer service focused, results-driven Assistant Director of Admissions for Recruitment to play a key role in implementing recruitment strategies and assisting with the daily operations of the Admissions team. This role will focus on recruitment for our top high schools, community colleges, and non-traditional transfers. As Assistant Director, you will play a crucial management role and be rewarded for your drive, innovative ideas and results.
- Manage and recruit prospective non-traditional transfer students, as well as a recruitment territory in the Gwinnett area
- Manage Admissions correspondence and respond to tickets from the call center
- Serve as liaison between Admissions, New Student Connections and Grizzly Prep, etc.
- Make determinations on prospective student admission at various Admissions events; make presentations as needed
- In coordination with the Associate Director, assist in the review of applications, interviews, hires, schedule, and train Federal Work Study students
- Assist with training for staff employees
- Participate and provide leadership to Admissions Counselors during Instant Decision Day, Preview Day, and other recruitment events on and off campus
- Attend professional meetings/conferences- GA Initiatives, GACRAO, SACAC, Dry Run
- Perform administrative tasks, as required
- Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least one year of related experience; preferably in an admissions setting
- Proficient in MSOffice Suite products
- Banner experience
- Ability to work within both a team and independently, recognize the importance of time sensitive deadlines and meet the demands of a high pressure office environment
- High level of initiative and ability to work independently
- Detail oriented self-starter, high energy with initiative, and a proactive problem-solver
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Graduate Degree
- Two to three years of related experience, preferably in an admissions setting
Due to the volume of applications, applicants may not receive a reply from the College unless an applicant is selected for an interview. Review of applications will continue until positions are filled. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States and proof of eligibility will be contemporaneously required upon acceptance of an employment offer. Any resulting employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation and credit check if applicable to the position, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion. Georgia Gwinnett College, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or religion. Georgia is an open records state.
Position may require local travel. Depending upon specific duties, position may require a College issued uniform or shirt to ensure employees engaged in representing the College to the community are clearly identified as such. Ability to lift and carry files and materials. Ability to move from one office to another office on campus. Adequate vision, hearing and manual dexterity to interact with people in person, on the phone and in writing. Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.
Position Status:Full-Time FLSA:Exempt