Assistant Athletic Trainer
St. Catherine University in St. Paul/Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a comprehensive Catholic university and home to one of the nation’s largest colleges for women, with associate and graduate programs for both women and men. Founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet in 1905, the University integrates liberal arts and professional education within the Catholic traditions of intellectual inquiry and social teaching. Committed to excellence and opportunity, St. Catherine enrolls nearly 5,000 students in certificate, associate, baccalaureate, master’s and doctoral programs in traditional day and evening/weekend/online formats. St. Catherine University is an Equal Employment Opportunity institution, committed to excellence through diversity in education and employment. St. Catherine University strongly encourages applications from those who identify as diverse in terms of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and/or religion.Position TitleAssistant Athletic TrainerPrimary CampusSt. PaulPosting Number20190067-STAFF Position Summary Information Position Summary
The athletics department at St. Catherine University invites applications for a part-time certified Assistant Athletic Trainer. This position will be from early September 2019 through May 2020, averaging approximately 20 hours per week.Required Qualifications
•BOC Certification required.
•Bachelor’s degree required.
•Working evenings, weekends as well as travelling is required.
•Must follow MIAC and NCAA Division III guidelines and regulation, while exhibiting behavior that represents a positive image of the athletic program and the university.
•Must possess strong leadership skills and integrity.
•Strong organizational and communication skills.
•Ability to build and strengthen cross-campus relationships.
•Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a diverse work environment.
•Ability to work effectively in a team environment; and work independently with little supervision.
St. Catherine University seeks creative, adaptable employees who enjoy working a university climate that promotes cultural diversity and multicultural understanding. Candidates of color are encouraged to apply as are those who will contribute to a diverse candidate pool. Consistent with the University’s Catholic identity, its commitment to women, diversity and social justice, preference will be given to candidates who manifest these themes in their teaching, research and service.To Apply and Special/Other Requirements Summary
To apply: Please go to the St. Catherine University employment site to apply for this position. Applicants may also visit the St. Catherine University Human Resources office to submit an electronic application. We are located in Derham Hall, Room 8. Three references and successful completion of a background check will be required for employment. For information, contact Eric Stacey at Eric Stacey via email or at 651-690-8778.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
EEO/Drug Free Workplace Employer
Our University is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit the HERC website.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is your highest level of education completed?
- Some high school
- High school diploma or GED
- Some college
- Associate degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Some graduate school
- Master's degree
- Professional degree (e.g., JD, MD)
- Doctoral degree
- * I will be available to work evenings and weekends, and am able to travel for this position.
- * Have you been accepted into a St. Catherine University graduate program?
- * What graduate program have you been accepted to, or will you be applying to?
(Open Ended Question)
- * All applicants that are offered a position with St. Catherine University will be required to have a background check completed. Will you consent to a background check if offered this position with the University?
- * Are you presently legally authorized to work in the United States for any U.S. employer?
- * Will you now or in the future require an employer to sponsor you for an employment-based visa/status in the U.S. (e.g. H-1B status)?
- * Can you perform the essential functions of this position with or without accommodation?
- * How did you hear about this opportunity?
- St. Catherine University website
- St. Catherine University employee referral
- Associated Colleges of the Twin Cities
- Association of Catholic Colleges/Universities
- Black Doctoral Network
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- College or University website
- Diverse: Issues in Higher Education
- Google Jobs
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Inside Higher Ed
- Latinos in Higher Ed
- Make It. MSP.
- Minnesota College Professionals Association (MCPA)
- Minnesota Council of Nonprofits
- Minnesota Private College Council
- MinnesotaWorks.net/Minnesota Workforce Center
- Pollen Midwest
- Saint Paul Area Chamber of Commerce
- Simply Hired
- * Please specify where you heard about this position (e.g., website name, St. Catherine University employee name, community agency name).
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Other Document 1
- Other Document 2