Administrative Specialist - KEYS Program
Reading Area Community College welcomes diversity in terms of race, ethnicity, age, class, gender, ability, sexual orientation, and belief system among others. As an institution, we value and respect diversity; therefore, it is important for students, faculty, staff, and administrators to understand differences, to interact effectively with others, and to prepare for the demands of a globalized world. As an open admission institution, RACC serves students of all levels of academic preparedness. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. RACC is an Equal Opportunity Employer: minority/female/disability/veteran.
Working hours for this position consist of 37.5 hours per week (7.5 hour period, exclusive of a ½ hour or 1 hour lunch.) Evening hours are one evening per week. These hours to be agreed upon between the supervisor and employee at the onset of employment.
NOTE: This position may require evening and weekend work. The employee has the option of working this time, in addition to, or in lieu of regular hours.
Provides administrative and clerical support to the students, staff and administration in implementing and reporting for the Keystone Education Yields Success (KEYS) Program. The KEYS program provides intensive case management/student facilitation services to Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) and Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) recipients while attending Reading Area Community College. The employee may be assigned to perform similar duties & responsibilities in other departments based on the needs of the College and as assigned by their supervisor. This is a 100% KEYS Grant Funded position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides customer service to at-risk students as initial point of contact in the KEYS Main Office to ensure that the students feel welcomed and able to ask questions. The ability to handle the occasional distressed student is also essential.
- Monitors the KEYS Program Main Office to ensure an environment that is conducive to work and that student traffic is managed in this busy office.Monitors student attendance by teaching the students how to complete forms accurately, compiling attendance sheets, performing time calculations including minutes to decimal conversion and addition on approximately up to 625 attendance sheets per month. Then, following up with students on their attendance requirement completion and make up plans.
- Maintains responsibility for data-entry of all attendance sheets and maintaining/updating student records and serves as the principal operator in systems Commonwealth Workforce Development System (CWDS)-database for the Department of Human Services and other databases used at RACC.
- Maintains KEYS Program’s confidential filing system that includes each KEYS student’s identifying information, TANF/SNAP information, educational information, employment information, assessment information, supportive services/incentives received, program attendance records including medical documentation and other sensitive information..
- Performs clerical duties as assigned including but not limited to scheduling appointments, giving information to callers, typing, word processing, database maintenance, spreadsheet maintenance, record keeping, proofreading, and filing.
- Assists students and completes payroll/employment paperwork for student workers.
- Maintains central communications control with students, instructors, staff, etc. for KEYS Program.
- Orders all supplies through proper RACC methods/procedures.
- Learns new computer programs as required.
- Maintains responsibility for training, scheduling and delegating tasks to four, 15-hour work-studies and other student employees.
- Assist students by providing general information about services offered and refers them to community resources as necessary
- Directs students to appropriate areas of the college and/or community resources when presented with a student’s concerns.
- Assists KEYS staff with the upkeep of the incentive program, incentive pantry and planning of events and necessary reports.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
Associates Degree in relevant field or equivalent college work with a minimum of two (2) years of professional clerical/administrative assistant work experience required. Individuals without the above college requirements must have a high school diploma and five (5) years of related full-time professional experience.
Strong Excel spreadsheet proficiency is preferred.
Experience working with TANF programs or other at-risk populations is considered a plus.
Experience in CWDS and/or Ellucian is considered a plus.
Bilingual: English/Spanish preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be very comfortable operating computers especially being proficient in Microsoft Excel, Access, Outlook and Word software.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Strong customer service skills
- Knowledge of college practices and functions
- Ability to think critically and use good judgment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Attention to details
- Able to complete tasks with minimum direct supervision
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, to sit and to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Share this job with your network:
Diversity Profile: University
AAUP COMPENSATION SURVEY DATAView more
Apply for Administrative Specialist - KEYS Program
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly