Director of Development - University Advancement, Dental Development & Alumni Relations
DescriptionThe Office of Development and Alumni Relations at the Tufts University School of Dental Medicine (TUSDM) has an opening for a Director of Development. The Office of Development and Alumni Relations serves the Tufts University School of Dental Medicine (TUSDM) by maximizing resources from alumni and friends in support of the school’s academic, clinical, scientific, and service priorities.
The Director of Development is a key member of the Advancement Team and plays a vital role in the department’s achievement of its fundraising goals. The Director of Development will oversee some of the department’s annual giving and major gifts programs.
This position will build and manage a portfolio of donors and prospects and will participate in the management of fundraising boards and committees, including the recruitment and management of volunteer leaders. As a part of the school's development team, you will also work with staff members to manage budgets, guarantee the high-quality stewardship of donors, ensure the proper processing and acknowledgment of gifts and pledges, and implement additional strategies to introduce new donors/friends to the school.
QualificationsMinimum Required Experience:
- 7-10 Years extensive depth and breadth of knowledge and experience in philanthropy.
- BA/BS or equivalent years of relevant experience.
- Advanced interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Proven track record structuring proposals and securing major/leadership gifts.
- Experience managing or mentoring staff.
- Valid U.S. driver’s license.
- Strong knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and some experience working with complex databases.
- Ability to travel.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Strategic planning/execution experience.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Able to creatively engage and motivate colleagues, volunteers, donors, and prospects in fundraising, while inspiring confidence with internal and external constituencies.
- Significant experience in the identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of leadership annual and/or major gifts, ideally within a complex healthcare institution, academic medical center, scientific research organization, or institute of higher education.
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Boston
Job: Advancement/Alumni Relations
Organization: UA-Dental Dev & Alumni Rel
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: Sep 3, 2019, 2:40:22 PM