Administrative Assistant – College of Arts and Sciences/Office of the Provost
Shenandoah University’s College of Arts and Sciences and the Office of the Associate Provost is accepting applications for an Administrative Assistant position. This will be a full-time benefited position located on our main campus in Winchester, Virginia.
This full-time position will be comprised of two different part-time positions serving the Office for University Advising and the College of Arts and Sciences office of Student Success and Pre-Health Programming.
Primary responsibilities of the position include:
- Assist with planning, organization, and promotion of events sponsored by these offices
- Offer administrative support—planning, communications, logistics—for these offices
- Maintain databases and manage documentation.
- Supervise campus work-study students for the College of Arts and Sciences Office of Advising.
A High School Diploma/GED are required; 1-3 years of relevant administrative experience is preferred; College degree or courses relevant to the position are also preferred.
The following skills, knowledge, and abilities are also required:
- Strong administrative and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and creatively as a self-starter
- Enthusiasm for the mission of the College of Arts and Sciences and its programs
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Collaborative skills and the ability to work as a member of a team
- Communicate clearly and accurately both verbally and in writing
- Complete duties and projects timely and independently
*Note: A pre-employment background check and drug screen will be required as a condition of employment. If the job requires driving for University business, a satisfactory driving record will also be required.
Complete application submissions will include a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references. All noted documents must be submitted in order to receive full consideration.
Click HERE to apply for this position. Then click one of the “Resume/CV” button choices in the “Apply” box at the bottom of the posting to input your information. If this is the first time you will have applied to a Shenandoah University position using this process, please choose the “New” option. Be prepared to upload the previously referenced documents as you go through this process. The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until a qualified candidate is selected.
Shenandoah University prohibits discrimination against and harassment of any employee or any applicant for employment because of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal or state law.
To apply for this job please visit shenandoahuniversity-openhire.silkroad.com.