Dean of the West Sacramento Center
Posting DetailsPosition Information Job Posting TitleDean of the West Sacramento CenterLocationLos Rios Community College District (Sacramento City College)Department LocationWest Sacramento CenterPosting NumberAE00266PThe Institution
Founded in 1916, Sacramento City College (SCC) is a multi-campus, urban college that consists of a 70-acre main campus across from William Land Park. The college has two educational centers, one in Davis on the campus of the University of California, Davis, and one in West Sacramento located adjacent to the public library, community center and civic center. SCC is a vibrant teaching and learning institution with approximately 20,000 day and evening students and is recognized as both a Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI) and Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander-Serving Institution (AANAPISI).
SCC has a rich history in the community and has expanded educational opportunities to students across the region. SCC awards Associate in Arts or Science degrees as well as Associate Degrees for Transfer, which guarantee transfer into the California State University system. The college offers Career Education certificates and degrees, transfer credit for students who desire to continue their education at a four-year college or university, and instruction in basic skills such as English, English as a second language, and mathematics.
Faculty and staff at SCC value a collaborative and diverse campus community. As one of four colleges within the Los Rios Community College District, Sacramento City College embraces change, values excellence in academic achievement and supports the success of students as they pursue their dreams.
Under the general direction of the Vice President of Instruction, the Dean of the West Sacramento Center performs duties in the administration and supervision of the West Sacramento Center, which include establishing the overall direction, development and growth of the center.
Typical duties may include, but are not limited to:
●Providing general supervision of the affairs of the Center.
●Developing class schedules and recommending course offerings in the day, evening, weekend and summer to the instructional area deans and coordinating the courses and curriculum to be offered at the Center.
●Maintaining agreements and contracts with offsite locations when necessary.
●Recommending budget allocations and administering the adopted budget.
●Arranging for the sale of books through the SCC Bookstore at the Center.
●Coordinating or participating in the evaluation process for Center faculty.
●Developing reports as they apply to enrollment, student records, and budgets of the Center.
●Operating and growing the Center’s instructional programs through effective leadership, strategic planning, and community partnerships.
●Supervising the daily operation and development of the Center.
●Supervising and evaluating the support staff and faculty assigned to the Center.
●Identifying unique target populations to recommend appropriate courses or programs of instruction to be offered at the Center.
●Developing and maintaining partnerships with secondary and postsecondary educational institutions to increase student access and transfer opportunities.
●Developing and maintaining partnerships with community and civic agencies to promote the Center.
●Developing strong working relationships with the Washington Unified School District, City of West Sacramento, Yolo County Office of Education, Yolo County Library local four year colleges and universities, and other public and private organizations.
●Maintaining statistical records regarding enrollment, Weekly Student Contact Hours (WSCH), etc. for the Center.
●Serving as the primary liaison to educational institutions, business, industry, and local government served by the Center.
●Coordinating the Center program, such as flex activities for faculty, with the main campus.
●Coordinating faculty hiring and assignments with the instructional area deans.
●Arranging for training opportunities for Center support staff so they may retain currency in college and district policies and operations.
●Working with the district and college staff in all areas of responsibility.
●Arranging for appropriate student support services at the Center.
●Coordinating with student services personnel to meet student support needs at the Center including orientation, assessment, development of educational plans, enrollment and registration, counseling, financial aid, etc.
●Performing other duties as assigned.
The administrative assignment may include day, evening, weekend, and/or off-campus work and/or hours.Work Year12 monthWork ScheduleTotal Hrs per Week/DaySpecial RequirementsMinimum Qualifications
1. Have a master’s degree* from an accredited institution completed by January 2, 2020.
2. Have one year of formal training, internship, or leadership experience reasonably related to the administrator’s administrative assignment.
3. Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.
● Applicant must meet the minimum qualifications of a faculty discipline at the college.
● To review the minimum qualifications for faculty disciplines, refer to Minimum Qualifications for Faculty and Administrators’ in California Community Colleges which can be found on our website at https://jobs.losrios.edu/; select “Los Rios Jobs,” then “Minimum Qualifications for Faculty and Administrators.”
Applicants applying to this position are REQUIRED to complete fully and submit:
1. Los Rios Community College District Administrative Application
2. Unofficial transcripts of college/university work
4. Two letters of recommendation
5. Letter of Interest
● Applications submitted without all required documents, listed above, will be disqualified. Applicants indicating “see resume” on the online application will be disqualified.
● Graduate advising documents and grade reports will not be accepted as unofficial transcripts.
● Los Rios employees are also required to submit unofficial copies of transcripts.
● Individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees and other relevant documents.
● A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign course work is used to meet minimum qualifications and/or salary placement even if the foreign transcript has been accepted by a college or university in the United States.
● Foreign transcript evaluations are ONLY accepted from AICE (Association of International Credential Evaluations, Inc.) or NACES (The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) agencies or evaluators. Foreign Degree Transcript Evaluations click here
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested.Physical DemandsSalary$136,580 annually. LRCCD Salary SchedulesAdditional Salary InformationAdditional stipend for an earned doctorate from an accredited university. Posting Detail Information Posting Date09/03/2019Closing Date10/14/2019Open ContinuouslyNoBeginning and/or Ending Dates
Full-time, Twelve-month, Educational Administrative Position
Beginning on or about January 2, 2020.
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions for complete information on how to apply online with our District. Application services are available between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, at the Los Rios Community College District Human Resources Office located at 1919 Spanos Court, Sacramento, CA 95825-3981. If you need assistance with any phase of the application process, please call (916) 568-3112 or come in during our business hours.
After hours inquiries should be emailed to [email protected] Submission of applications are by 11:59 p.m. of the posting closing date.Conditions
All Positions: Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful clearance from a criminal background check, freedom from tuberculosis, and proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States prior to the first day of work. The District may select additional qualified candidates should unexpected vacancies or needs occur during this recruitment/selection process. When education is a requirement for the position, official academic transcripts from the accredited college/university must be submitted within 60 days of hire.
Administrative/Executive/Faculty Positions: Contingent on funding and eligibility, successful candidates selected for an interview may be eligible to apply for partial reimbursement of travel expenses, up to a maximum of $450. Candidate Travel Reimbursement click here
Administrative/Executive Positions: Administrative positions may be subject to the District’s Conflict of Interest Code, and a statement of economic interest is required within thirty (30) days following appointment to the position. Management/Executive positions are exempt from overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.Quicklinkhttp://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/12655Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Criminal History Verification and Release: I acknowledge and agree that I understand that by answering the question below, I certify that the information provided by me is true, correct and complete to the best of my knowledge and belief. I authorize investigation of all statements contained herein, and on the P-881 (if applicable and submitted), and I release from liability all persons and organizations furnishing such information. I understand that any misstatements, omissions or misrepresentation of facts on this form, my application, and, if applicable, the P-881 or attachment(s) may be cause for disqualification or dismissal. If you have ever been convicted of an offense other than a minor traffic violation you are required to complete the form "Arrests Which Led to Convictions for Crime", P-881 (you must disclose convictions that have been dismissed pursuant to Penal Code Section 1203.4; Ed. Code 87008). Please copy and paste the provided URL for the form - https://losrios.edu/docs/lrccd/employees/hr/forms/p-881.pdf - and attach the completed form to your application.
- Yes, I acknowledge and agree
- No, I do not acknowledge or agree
- Can you perform the essential functions of this position?
- Considering this specific position that you are applying to – where/how did you learn about this position?
- College Department
- Chronicle of Higher Ed (Vitea.com)
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Oakland
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Los Angeles
- Community College Registry Online Job Board
- Community Outreach (ex. Festivals, etc.)
- Diverse: Issues in Higher Education
- Facebook (Campaign)
- Facebook (Los Rios Page)
- Greater Sacramento Urban League
- Job Sites
- Job Journal
- Latina Leadership Network of the California Community Colleges
- Los Rios Community College District Employee
- Los Rios Community College District Human Resources Email
- Los Rios Community College District Website
- Professional Networks
- Sacramento Black Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Asian Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Builders Exchange
- Sacramento Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Rainbow Chamber of Commerce
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- P-881 Report of Arrests Which Led To Convictions For Crime Document
- Employee Request for Transfer Form
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Foreign Transcript Evaluation
- Unofficial Transcript 4
- Unofficial Transcript 5