Assistant/Associate Professor - Finance
San José State University - San José, California
Subject to Budgetary Approval
Job Opening ID (JOID): 25146
Rank: Assistant or Associate, Tenure-track
- Possess a Ph.D. by start of appointment and be academically qualified under AACSB standards.
- For those with teaching experience, evidence of teaching excellence at the university level.
- Professional experience in corporate finance or financial institutions preferred.
- Demonstrate an ability to work in a collegial atmosphere as part of a team.
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Applicants should demonstrate an awareness of and sensitivity to the educational goals of a multicultural population as might have been gained in cross-cultural study, training, teaching and other comparable experience.
- Primary disciplinary needs are in the area of corporate finance. Secondary needs include financial institutions, real estate finance, business valuation, and financial analysis. Teaching assignments are at both the graduate and undergraduate levels in traditional and accelerated formats.
- Candidate must be actively engaged in scholarly activities evidenced by: conducting research, developing grants, presenting professional papers, and publishing in peer-reviewed journals.
- Candidate must demonstrate awareness and experience understanding the needs of a student population of great diversity – in age, cultural background, ethnicity, primary language and academic preparation – through inclusive course materials, teaching strategies and advisement.
Salary Range: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Starting Date: August 13, 2020
Eligibility: Employment is contingent upon proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
Screening of candidates will begin September 30, 2019. The position remains open until filled. For full consideration, upload a letter of application, curriculum vitae, statement of teaching interests/ philosophy, research plans, and at least three original letters of reference with contact information by September 30, 2019 at: https://apply.interfolio.com/67967
Please direct questions to:
Dr. Elizabeth Grace, Chair
Department of Accounting and Finance
One Washington Square, BT 850
San José State University
San José, California 95192 – 0066
Please include Job Opening ID (JOID) on all correspondence.
San José State University enrolls over 33,000 students, a significant percentage of whom are members of minority groups. As such, this position is for scholars interested in a career at a national leader in graduating URM students. SJSU is a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) and Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander (AANAPISI) Serving Institution; 40% of our students are first-generation, and 38% are Pell-qualified. The university is currently ranked fifth nationally in increasing student upward mobility. The University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty so our disciplines, students, and the community can benefit from multiple ethnic and gender perspectives.
San José State University is California’s oldest institution of public higher learning. Located in downtown San José (Pop. 1,000,000) in the heart of Silicon Valley, SJSU is part of one of the most innovative regions in the world. As Silicon Valley’s public university, SJSU combines dynamic teaching, research, and university-industry experiences to prepare students to address the biggest problems facing society. SJSU is a member of the 23-campus California State University (CSU) system.
San José State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability. This policy applies to all San José State University students, faculty, and staff as well as University programs and activities. Reasonable accommodations are made for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose. Note that all San José State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The latest San José State University Safety 101 Uniform Campus Crime and Security Report is available. You may request a copy of San José State University’s annual safety report by contacting the University Police Department at (408) 924-2222 or by visiting the University Police Department website at (http://www.sjsu.edu/police.)