Learn & Earn Coordinator (Academic Coordinator)
Category:: Professional Staff
Department:: Internships & Career Development
Locations:: Boston, MA
Posted:: Aug 30, 2019
Closes:: Sep 19, 2019 - 11:59 PM EDT
Ref. No.:: UNP
About Bunker Hill Community College:
Bunker Hill Community College (BHCC) is a multi-campus institution with vibrant, urban campuses in Boston, Massachusetts, in nearby Chelsea, Massachusetts, and at several satellites and instructional sites throughout the Greater Boston area. The largest of the 15 community colleges in Massachusetts, BHCC serves some 18,000 students annually, focusing on holistic student services to ensure student retention and persistence. The College offers certificates and associate degrees, early college and dual enrollment, non-credit community and corporate training, and industry-specific training programs. BHCC is the 8th most diverse higher education institution in the United States, and is an Asian American and Pacific Islander Serving Institution. Approximately 1000 international students attend from 100 countries, speaking more than 75 languages.
Five institutional goals guide BHCC and its work: Foster Student Success; Strengthen Career, Transfer and Workforce Readiness; Advance Diversity, Inclusion and Equity; Build Partnerships and Pathways; and Develop the College's Infrastructure. BHCC is recognized nationally for its culturally inclusive learning environments that value the strengths of diverse students and local communities, and, as an Achieving the Dream Leader College, BHCC is focused on data-driven student success.
LIVING IN BOSTON:
Boston prides itself on being one of the most livable cities in America with twenty-one diverse neighborhoods offering exceptional medical facilities, vibrant neighborhood business districts, museums, galleries and an extensive network of parks and outdoor recreational areas. Unemployment consistently tracks lower than the national average and job growth in 2018 was higher than the national average. Twenty-nine colleges and universities in Boston serve more than 150,000 college students each year. Suburbs outside of Boston offer affordable housing options with easy access to public transportation.
The Learn and Earn Coordinator reports to the Director of Internships and Career Development, and works alongside the Coordinator of Internships and Employer Partnerships Coordinator to increase community awareness and student participation in a full range of internship opportunities: academic program, Learn and Earn, STEM and non-credit career development internships. This role actively oversees the development, delivery, marketing, and management of the College's credit-bearing academic program internships, providing a centralized faculty coordination and student support function for the academic divisions. A full support cycle includes faculty outreach, employer relations, internship placement, student preparation, student and employer evaluations, internship paperwork/legal agreements, and report management. Additional responsibilities are to collaborate with the Internships and Career Development Department staff and other departments across the College to develop enhanced student and employer internship pipelines and placements for growth areas in the College.
- Advance equity and access for all students related to career development opportunities and access to high-quality internship opportunities
- Manage recruitment and placement of students in Learn and Earn Internships, including identifying possible internship host sites
- Advise and prepare students for Learn and Earn internship placements
- Oversee student and employer evaluation process, including analysis of evaluations
- Conduct site visits as necessary
- Promote Learn and Earn Program both internally and externally
- Collaborate with Internships and Career Development team members to identify internship placements and ensure that opportunities are shared with appropriate constituencies
- Partner with faculty to support logistics of site placements and student reporting
- Provide support, as needed, to other initiatives in the Internships and Career Development Department
- Organize on-campus events that connect employers with students
- Contribute to the marketing and communication plan for both Learn and Earn and the Department, including creating content for web, print and e-mail communications
- Stay abreast of industry trends to allow for development of innovative programming
- Maintain accurate student records in appropriate software to ensure compliance of policies and procedures for the CollegeEnsure the security and confidentiality of all student record information and submitted documentation to comply with Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Master's Degree in Business, Human Resources, Counseling, Education or closely related field; with the equivalent of three years of experience and/or training in any combination of career counseling, human resource management, recruitment, educational/psychological assessment, counseling, marketing and public relations; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Ability to effectively market and represent a program to employers across broad industries
- Collaborative, self-directed, outcome-oriented, and strong customer service presence
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, creative thinking, and communication skills
- Evidence of relationship-building and project management skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to learn and utilize new internet-based recruiting and computer technologies
- Ability to relate to and understand the needs of a diverse student population and work effectively with a broad range of internal and external constituencies
- Proven ability to work with a diverse faculty, staff and student population
Salary Range: Starting at $59,939.00-$62,000.00 Actual Salary Will Be Commensurate With Education and Experience in Accordance with MCCC/MTA Collective Bargaining Agreement. Full state Benefits.
Grade: 6, Unit-Professional position
Review Date: To Ensure Consideration Application Materials Must Be Received By September 19, 2019
To be considered for this position please upload the following documents to your account:
- Cover Letter
Please be sure to address the Required Qualifications in your documents.
If you need assistance applying through this website please contact our online Help Desk HERE