Job location: University Campus
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-08-30
Job Description SummarySaint Leo University is seeking a full-time Catholic Chaplain. The chaplain fosters the liturgical, spiritual, personal and social development of the university community. Faithful to the Catholic tradition, the chaplain reaches out to people of all faiths or no faith on campus. This is a full-time 12-month position.Job Description
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Primary responsibility for the sacramental life of the University community.
- Engaging and relevant homilies for college students that challenge and encourage them.
- Encourages the community to participate in the life of faith and service.
- Provide pastoral counseling and/or spiritual direction as requested by members of the university community.
- Preside at University functions as requested.
- Be an active and positive presence on campus.
- Engage in planning and implementation of programs, events and retreats to strengthen the faith community at the university.
- Collaborate in training and formation of student leaders and ministers.
- Be responsive to social issues on campus and globally and promote the social justice teachings of the Church.
- Ability to supervise the staff of the Saint Leo University ministry office.
Saint Leo University is seeking a Catholic priest in good standing who can relate pastorally to university students, faculty and staff. The University Chaplain will promote and uphold the mission of Saint Leo University and the teachings of the Catholic Church. Candidate must possess excellent preaching and pastoral skills. Previous experience in campus ministry or with college students is desirable. This position requires that the person demonstrate public relations skills and initiative in approaching tasks, be able to organize work assignments, demonstrate an ability to communicate effectively with administrators, faculty, staff and students. Personal computer knowledge is desirable. This position requires availability in cases of emergency. The University Chaplain will also be responsible for supervising the staff of the Saint Leo University ministry office.