Manager, Recruiting Engagement and Systems
As part of University Advancement (UA), the mission of the Center for Career Advancement (CCA) is to educate Bucknellians in the art of integrating an individual's career goals with their varied academic and life experiences. Students and alumni are coached to learn the process of making informed and thoughtful career decisions by providing diverse learning experiences, quality resources, career expertise and the opportunity to create meaningful connections with an engaged university community.
The Manager, Recruiting Engagement and Systems will provide ongoing management and oversight of the Bucknell Employer Recruiting Program, leading efforts for both on and off campus recruiting activities and serving as the main point for the web-based recruiting system. This position works with students to facilitate their participation in employer recruiting activity and the job/internship/externship search and application process. This position also works closely with employers interested in hiring Bucknell students to facilitate the application process and help ensure their experience with Bucknell is successful with the goal of developing, expanding and maximizing existing relationships with employers. This position monitors deadlines and application activity and communicates extensively with staff and faculty/campus partners. This position reports to the Associate Director, On Campus Employer Engagement.
All UA staff members are expected to contribute to Bucknell's commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
* Oversee and serve as systems expert in managing activity and data management on the Bridge, CCA's web-based recruiting platform/system
* Educate employers in the use of web-based recruiting system
* Serve as primary point for recruiting platform technical issues and in communicating needs, issues and concerns to vendor
* Provide orientation sessions and on-going training to CCA staff and students regarding the use of recruiting software.
Managing On Campus Recruiting & Employer Visits:
* Coordinate and facilitate employer recruiting activity; including, but not limited to, managing visits to campus, dates and details of employer activities, obtaining and reviewing full time and internship listing information, attendance at annual career fairs, student schedules of in-person/skype/telephone interviews, notifications and correspondence with employers and students, employer information sessions and other educational programs and arrangements that assist employers with their hiring needs from year to year
* Responsible for coordination of campus space reservations, technology needs, dining services, accessibility considerations, event staffing, directional materials, campus resources, etc.
* Collaborate with and manage relationships with campus partners, vendors, staff, faculty, student clubs and organizations, any sponsors, and external constituents as needed
* Create reports (i.e., operational/management reports, charts and graphs for trending, data pulls, executive-level summaries, etc.) as needed for monitoring, tracking and summarizing employer and student activity and showing progress toward objectives
* Complete event efficiency and effectiveness assessments, as well as develop continuous improvement plans
* Manage communication plan to ensure that information about the recruiting program is disseminated in a timely, effective and thorough manner to all constituents involved (students, employers, CCA staff, UA staff, campus partners including academic deans and faculty liaisons, alumni and parent volunteers)
* Work closely with employer engagement team members to effectively coordinate and streamline recruiting processes and communication plans in an efficient manner.
* Facilitate and manage activity to expand and maximize existing relationships with a wide variety of employers interested in hiring current Bucknell University undergraduates
* Work with employers to offer strategies and proactive measures designed to cultivate brand awareness of their organizations on campus. Encourage involvement in additional employer development activities throughout the academic year
* Coordinate and lead proactive outreach/follow-up with organizations.
* Educate students on the recruiting application process and materials as well as the importance of ethical behavior and developing a robust candidate profile
* Provide employer feedback on preparation and required steps in application process
* Advise students individually on recruiting/employment process
* Actively participate in CCA team meetings and conversations. Actively participate in strategic planning sessions throughout the academic year
* Attend UA and university meetings throughout academic year
* Maintain confidential student and alumni records, utilizing the CCA's database systems and the university's enterprise database
* Participate in student and alumni events both on and off campus as needed, such as career fairs/networking events, employer information sessions, college meetings, large scale parent and alumni weekend programs
* Manage a program budget
This position will require occasional evening and weekend work to support UA's signature events and University events including significant blocks of time during the weekend events. This will also require a commitment to attend/participate in on-campus and off-campus events/activities outside of normal business hours as appropriate.
* Applicants must meet ONE of the following
1) Bachelor's Degree AND four or more years experience with recruiting from a higher education or a business perspective OR
2) Combination of education and experience with recruiting from a higher education or business perspective totaling eight or more years
* Experience that shows advanced user skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Strong familiarity with implementing web-based database software, particularly recruiting software and web-based search tools
* Demonstrates management of and respect for confidential and sensitive information
* Demonstrates a high level of customer service/interpersonal/relationship management skills, strong communication skills, including ability to confidently present information to groups
* Strong time management skills with demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple projects as well as the ability to prioritize projects and adapt to changing situations
* Ability to work both independently and as an integral part of a team
* Basic understanding of career development and employer recruiting process
* Energy and ability to travel including air travel and to major metropolitan areas
* Demonstrates ability to interact with alumni, parents, faculty, staff, students, friends, and other members of the Bucknell community in a highly professional manner
* Understanding components and value of a liberal arts/comprehensive undergraduate education
* Valid Driver's License
* Bachelor's or Master's degree
* Five or more years of related experience with recruiting in higher education or business
* Experience with Blackbaud, preferably the advancement CRM module
Founded in 1846 and located along the banks of the Susquehanna River in historic Lewisburg, Pa., Bucknell University is an undergraduate-focused institution that stands uniquely at the intersection of top-ranked liberal arts, engineering and management programs. Our students choose from more than 50 majors and 60 minors in the arts, engineering, humanities, management, and natural and social sciences, as well as extensive global study, service-learning and research opportunities. Bucknell's 3,600 undergraduate and 100 graduate students enjoy a low 9:1 student-faculty ratio and exceptional opportunities to collaborate with faculty mentors.
Bucknell's beautiful 450-acre campus includes first-rate facilities and is home to more than 90 percent of its students. Residential life is vibrant with about 150 student-run organizations, 27 NCAA Division I athletic teams, a robust arts culture, and a strong student commitment to community and global service work.
Bucknell is committed to fostering an environment that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion, and we seek candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports the growth and development of a diverse campus community. The University provides equal opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, marital status, veteran status or disability in admissions, employment and in all of its educational programs and activities. We encourage individuals from historically underrepresented groups to apply.
Located in central Pennsylvania, Lewisburg features a variety of restaurants, beautiful Victorian homes, the restored art deco Campus Theatre (owned by the University), charming shops and boutiques, and the Barnes and Noble at Bucknell University Bookstore. About 33,000 residents live in the region.
The city of Williamsport is about a 30-minute drive from campus, and Penn State University's main campus is about an hour away, as is Harrisburg, Pennsylvania's state capital. Bucknell is about three hours from New York City, Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington, D.C.
The cost of living here is low compared to that of major U.S. cities and suburbs. Bucknell's surroundings yield fresh produce, cultural activities and events, and many opportunities for outdoor activity on the Susquehanna River and in the nearby state parks and forests. The Lewisburg Area School District receives excellent reviews for its schools at all grade levels. Lewisburg Area High School is consistently ranked among the top 50 high schools in Pennsylvania for SAT scores and statewide exams.
Advertised: 03 Sep 2019 Eastern Daylight Time