Posting DetailsPosting Details Posting NumberS03865PWorking TitleAccountantDepartmentHousing Admin Services & CommAbout the University of Georgia
The University of Georgia (UGA), a land-grant and sea-grant university with statewide commitments and responsibilities is the state’s oldest, most comprehensive, and most diversified institution of higher education (http://www.uga.edu/). UGA is currently ranked among the top 20 public universities in U.S. News & World Report. The University’s main campus is located in Athens, approximately 65 miles northeast of Atlanta, with extended campuses in Atlanta, Griffin, Gwinnett, and Tifton. UGA was founded in 1785 by the Georgia General Assembly as the first state-chartered University in the country. UGA employs approximately 1,800 full-time instructional faculty and more than 7,600 full-time staff. The University’s enrollment exceeds 36,000 students including over 27,500 undergraduates and over 8,500 graduate and professional students. Academic programs reside in 17 schools and colleges, as well as a medical partnership with Augusta University housed on the UGA Health Sciences Campus in Athens.About the College/Unit/DepartmentCollege/Unit/Department websitePosting TypeExternalRetirement PlanTRSEmployment TypeEmployeeBenefits EligibilityBenefits EligibleFull/Part timeFull TimeWork ScheduleAdditional Schedule Information
M-F, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.Advertised Salary$25,175-$40,680; commensurate with experiencePosting Date08/26/2019Open until filledYesClosing DateProposed Starting Date09/23/2019Special Instructions to ApplicantsLocation of VacancyAthens Area EEO Policy Statement
The University of Georgia is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, genetic information, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.Position Information Classification TitleFinance/Budget Paraprofessional/ProfessionalPay GradeFLSAJob FamilyBusiness And FinanceFTE1.0Minimum Qualifications
Requires technical knowledge in the field acquired through an apprenticeship, a 2-year degree, or professional certificate. Please contact your Human Resources office for an evaluation of education/experience in lieu of the required minimum qualifications.Preferred QualificationsPosition Summary
The primary function of this position is to perform a variety of financial management and administrative tasks pertaining to the fiscal operations of University Housing.Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and/or CompetenciesPhysical Demands
1. Lift and carry over 20 pounds, both assisted and unassisted.
2. Sit at a desk and computer for moderate periods of time.
3. Bend and/or squat to file or scan inventory barcodes.
4. Hear and verbally communicate via telephone and in person.
Be advised a credit check will be required for all positions with financial responsibilities. For additional information about the credit check criteria, visit the UGA Credit Background Check website.Duties/Responsibilities Duties/Responsibilities
Reconciliation and expense verification
1. Review source documents from various UGA systems for all purchases and direct charges associated with University Housing operating accounts.
2. Compile packet of source documents for each account and prepare them in a format easy for budget managers to reconcile the monthly account status report (ASR).
3. Follow up on any cleared transactions posted to the ASR for which the source document is missing.
4. Maintain organization of source documents and proper document retention schedules per Board of Regents records retention policy.
5. Maintain a register to follow the status of ASR packets to insure that each packet is reviewed. Report reconciliation status each month to the business manager.
6. Identify open encumbrances that need review and follow up with appropriate departmental staff member regarding potential closure or modification.
7. Assist business manager with developing and enhancing the reconciliation process as new financial systems are implemented.
Coordinate billing of Housing charges for students
1. Transmit semester rent, monthly rent and program fees in StarRez to student account system.
2. Verify charges to ensure accuracy prior to transmission to student accounts.
3. In coordination with the Housing Assignments Office, initiate corrective charges and/or contract cancelation fees for students.
4. Compile monthly medical student rent.
5. Initiate group billing for unused Georgi a Athletic Association spaces, early check-in fees, and other charges on a semester basis.
6. Complete a room billing analysis as needed to ensure charges are assessed accurately.
7. Ensure rates on Housing website and StarRez are accurately reflected.
Travel Policy Compliance
1. Serve as the primary departmental contact for travel policy related questions.
2. Complete a compliance review for all employee and non-employee travel requests to ensure alignment to the University Housing travel policy.
3. Assists business manager with employee travel policy training program maintenance on eLearning Commons.
In coordination with the business manager, assist with the annual inventory physical verification process which includes, but is not limited to:
i. Obtaining a valid inventory listing fr om reporting system.
ii. Work with housing staff to locate and scan inventory items.
iii. Coordinate scanner downloads with Property Control.
iv. Inform business manager of missing or broken barcodes.
Special Projects/Other Duties
1. Cross train to learn the core duties of the other two accountants in the HBHR to serve as a back-up during times of leave.
2. Serves on departmental and university committees, task forces and participates in other professional development activities.
3. Maintain working knowledge of software, mainframe (SIMPLIER, QMF, ARROW) and web-based applications used in the business office.
4. Maintain files in accordance with the Board of Regents records retention policy.
5. Assist with other projects or perform other duties consistent with the purpose and scope of this position.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter