DescriptionUniversity Information Services (UIS) provides technical services and enterprise applications to the University of Colorado campuses and the Office of the President. UIS is committed to excellence in customer service and technical expertise. Through the development of enterprise applications, UIS supports the University as a whole with systems used by students, faculty, human resources employees, finance employees, and others.
University Information Services (UIS) provides technical services and enterprise applications to the University of Colorado campuses and the Office of the President. UIS is committed to excellence in customer service and technical expertise. Through the development of enterprise applications, UIS supports the University as a whole with systems used by students, faculty, human resources employees, finance employees, and others.
The PeopleSoft Developer position exists to provide essential consultation to UIS and management regarding the PeopleSoft modules. This position is responsible for reviewing and analyzing maintenance and enhancement requests, analyzing complex processes to define system enhancements and modifications, providing technical application support to system end users. Additionally, the PeopleSoft Developer will code, test, and implement batch and online computer software and provide technical support to other internal staff. This position will provide application development in PeopleSoft Financials modules. This position reports to the Assistant Director of Finance Development and is exempt from the State of Colorado Classified Staff system.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Development work, troubleshooting, and production support in a 24x7 environment
- Develop, test, debug, modify, and document enterprise application systems
- Consult with UIS management and team leads to implement critical maintenance and enhancement projects by providing essential information regarding PeopleSoft technology, functionality, and capabilities
- Gather and analyze requirements to create technical designs to recommend and implement system enhancements and/or process improvements for business applications projects, including development of new applications and customizations to be integrated with existing applications
- Coordinate end user system testing
- Create or modify applications using PeopleCode, PeopleTools, and other development tools and testing tools
- Creating and modifying technical documentation by writing and updating program, operations, and other system documentation
- Assist campus key users, System Financials staff, and business process owners by answering technical Instruct key users on the proper use and function of application programs by participating in meetings in which PeopleSoft functional and technical expertise is needed
- Resolve application questions and reported software and data errors
- Addressing end users’ computing needs by analyzing complex processes to design new applications or enhancements to existing applications, and by writing functional and/or technical specifications
- Writing new or modifying existing batch programs using a variety of computer languages and file access methods including SQR/SQL
- Expand professional and technical skills and expertise by acquiring knowledge in new technologies and system development procedures and tools by attending technical classes, seminars, and end user groups
To be successful in this position, candidates will need the following:
- Knowledge of information systems processes
- Knowledge of Oracle PeopleSoft products
- Ability to work in project teams
- Technical aptitude and the ability to assess and articulate technical concepts
- Ability to effectively operate with flexibility in a fast-paced, constantly evolving team environment
- Skilled in utilizing Oracle databases and the ability to identify and troubleshoot report performance issues and ad-hoc query analysis.
- Skilled in applying Tax Updates and PUM (selective adoptions)
- Skilled with Dashboards, Work Centers, and Fluid User Interface technology
- Technical documentation skills such as writing TDDs, flow charts, and BP Diagrams
- Strong verbal and written communication skill
System Administration, which also houses the Office of the President, is located in the uptown neighborhood of Denver with an office in Broomfield and a few smaller offices located on the campuses. However, this position is located in Denver. Many of our departments support the educational and research missions of the four University of Colorado campuses. We provide diverse opportunities for professional development, innovation, and collaboration with talented staff and faculty.
The University of Colorado is committed to recruiting and supporting diversity and equality in education and employment. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans.
The salary for this position has been established at $85,000.
Benefits: The University of Colorado offers an excellent benefits package including:
- Medical: Multiple plan options
- Dental: Multiple plan options
- Additional Insurance: Disability, Life, Vision and Wellness
- Retirement 401(a) Plan: Employer contributes 10% of your gross pay
- Paid Time Off: Accruals over the year
- Vacation Days: 22
- Sick Days: 15
- Holiday Days: 10
- Tuition Benefit: System employees have the benefit on all campuses
- ECO Pass: RTD Bus and light rail service
- Additional Perks & Programs: Click here to access a few more Perks and Programs.
Click here to access our Total Compensation Calculator to see what your total rewards could be at CU. This position is a University Staff position.
For more information on benefits programs, including eligibility, is available at www.cu.edu/employee-services/.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or an IT related field or equivalent professional experience. (The educational requirement may be substituted by professional experience on a year for year basis).
- Four (4) years of PeopleSoft development experience
- Four (4) years PeopleTools experience including Application Engine, Component Interfaces, Peoplecode, App Package, AWE, and IB
- Two (2) years of experience with large scale projects, enhancements, upgrades and production support
- Experience with multiple PeopleSoft Finance 9.2 modules
- Functional knowledge of PeopleSoft Finance
- Experience with PeopleTools 8.50+
- Experience using PeopleTools Application Designer (e.g. Page development, Application Engine, Component Interface, PeopleCode)
- Supporting PeopleSoft HCM and/or Finance experience
- Demonstrated experience with development lifecycle methodology
- Demonstrated experience with SQR coding, SQL against Oracle databases, and UNIX commands
- Experience working in an institution of higher education
Job Category: Information Technology
Primary Location: Denver
Posting Date: Aug 29, 2019
Unposting Date: Ongoing