Financial Aid Specialist
Job location: Chicago, IL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-08-30
TCS Education System is currently seeking a Financial Aid Specialist to join the Financial Aid department.
The Financial Aid Specialist reports to the Associate Director of Financial Aid and is responsible for all aspects of the financial aid disbursement process for all affiliates.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing and reviewing eligibility for disbursement postings and batch processing.
- Processing disbursements and financial aid batches.
- Accurately performing Title IV (R2T4) calculations
- Auditing financial aid files verifying accuracy.
- Assist in compiling documents for the annual A133 audits
- Processing return of funds.
- Compiling reports and resolving issues and/or make corrections for loan origination errors and rejects.
- Importing/Exporting ISIR and disbursement files
- Reviewing current federal and institutional regulations, polices, and procedures identifying any relevant issues or regulations that may impact TCSES affiliate current processes, policies and procedures.
- Processing Federal Work Study documents for affiliates.
- Reconciling federal funds on monthly basis.
- Verifying accuracy and processing of NSLDS enrollment reporting.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Must be available to work two evening shifts each week.
- Detail oriented and organized person with strong analytical and problem-solving skills with an ability to multi-task.
- Effective written and oral communication skills, including strong interpersonal skills interacting with diverse populations.
- Ability to adapt to change and to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Bachelor Degree preferred, but not required.
- Two or more years of experience in customer service. Experience in Financial Aid preferred.
- Ability to perform sedentary work
- Ability to operate office equipment including computer, printers, fax and phone
TCS Education System offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
TCS Education System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.