Clinical Assistant Professor of Counselor Education
Posting DetailsPosition Information
This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.Position TitleClinical Assistant Professor of Counselor EducationRequisition201900063FRankClinical Assistant ProfessorFLSA statusExemptHiring Salary
Salary commensurate with education and experience.Position CategoryPosition TypeInterim Full TimeCollegeCollege of EducationDepartmentDept of Counselor EducationQuicklinkhttp://shsu.peopleadmin.com/postings/22659 Refer Applicants To Contact NameDr. Kathleen RiceTitle
Department of Counselor Education
Huntsville, TX 77341
The Department of Counselor Education seeks a Clinical Assistant Professor in Counselor Education to teach graduate courses in the Counselor Education department and to facilitate practicum/internship placements for graduate students within the program. The successful candidate will coordinate practicum and internship experiences for the students in the counselor education master’s level programs (i.e., CMHC, School, MCFC), and doctoral program.
This is a non-tenure track, 9-month appointment. Renewal of this appointment is contingent upon satisfactory performance, departmental needs, and funding availability.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
•Teaching graduate courses in the Counselor Education department with emphasis on clinical courses;
• Utilizing technology which will include online teaching;
• Advising and supervising graduate level counselor education students;
• Participating in professional, department, college, and university service;
• Act as the Department of Counselor Education’s Clinical Experiences Coordinator, duties include, but not limited to:
- Serve as liaison between site supervisors and Department of Counselor Education
- Facilitate the development of potential practicum/internship sites.
- Partner with current practicum/internship sites and site supervisors, as appropriate, in the development of their counselor-in-training programs.
- Facilitate communication between practicum/internship section instructors and sites to ensure effective, efficient, and consistent policies and procedures.
- Update and maintain a database of site supervisor credentials and approved sites
- Work with Department of Counselor Education faculty to develop and deliver professional development materials for site supervisors regarding supervision.
- Update department’s clinical experiences forms and handbooks.
- Responsible for maintaining students’ clinical files.
•Earned doctorate from a CACREP accredited program in Counselor Education
•Licensed Professional Counselor in Texas
• Certified School Counselor in Texas
• Fluency in both Spanish and English
• Licensed Professional Counselor-Supervisor in Texas
• Successful teaching experience in higher education, utilizing distance and in-person delivery systems
• Experience working with placement sites for internship and practicum experiences
Please note: References provided in the References section of the application will receive an automated email reference request at the time the application is submitted.Open Until FilledYes EEO Statement EEO Statement
Sam Houston State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Plan Employer and Smoke/Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, ancestry, marital status, citizenship, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. Sam Houston State University is an “at will” employer. Security sensitive positions at SHSU require background checks in accordance with Education Code 51.215.Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you learn about this position?
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- HBCU Connect - Historically Black Colleges and Universities
- HACU - Hispanic Association of Colleges & Universities
- The Journal of Blacks in Higher Education
- Association for Women in Science
- TWC - Work in Texas
- Inside Higher Ed
- Higher Ed Jobs
- HERC - Higher Education Recruitment Consortium
- SHSU Website
- SHSU Employee
- If your response to the question above was "Other" please indicate from what source.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae (Faculty)
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3