Digital Communications Coordinator
Position: Digital Communications Coordinator Location: Wheaton, IL
Job Id: 426 # of Openings: 1 ALUMNI AND PARENT ENGAGEMENT:
Digital Communications Coordinator RESPONSIBILITIES: Reporting to the Director of Digital Communications and Young Alumni Programs, this position supports our digital communications efforts with alumni, parents, and friends through email campaigns, web, and social media. DUTIES:
- Design emails for Alumni and Parent Engagement and other campus departments. Report on delivery rates and engagement metrics and resolve data errors.
- Create and maintain web pages, event listings, registrations, and other content for the alumni website. Recommend enhancements.
- Serve as the primary administrator for the online platform Wheaton in Network (WiN). Provide customer service for incoming student and alumni emails, review interactions on WiN, approve new registrations, troubleshoot as needed, create reports, and manage student and alumni marketing.
- Curate and develop content for social media, setting and reaching goals for engagement. Recognize and celebrate young alumni stories through social media. Develop content for the Alumni Association Facebook page, LinkedIn, and other channels.
- Work with the Senior Digital Communications Coordinator to keep alumni data up to date.
- Respond to incoming calls and email messages from alumni and staff regarding alumni website technical support and troubleshooting.
- Contribute to ongoing research and help implement best practices for alumni communication online.
- Assist with marketing and communication to young alumni and support additional student and young alumni initiatives as required.
- Work Alumni Weekend and Homecoming Weekend.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (Wheaton College preferred)
- Experience in web/email design or web site management required.
- Familiarity with software packages such as Adobe Creative Suite (especially Adobe Photoshop), MS Office (particularly Excel), and website administration using Content Management Systems (Wordpress, Drupal)
- Strong attention to detail and correct grammar/punctuation.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills, and the ability to handle details and multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of web content/email marketing strategies and current trends and issues with electronic communications helpful but not required.