Sr Purchasing Coordinator
Position: Sr Purchasing Coordinator Location: Wheaton, IL
Job Id: 428 # of Openings: 1 ACCOUNTING AND PURCHASING - SR. PURCHASING COORDINATOR ResponsibilitiesResponsible for managing the campus purchasing card program, processing payments in the electronic procurement system, coordinating the vendor insurance tracking system, and supporting department staff in accounting and operations functions. Duties
- Maintain Concur purchasing card system workflow, notifications, and user training.
- Pcard user account maintenance in Concur system and with JPMorgan Chase.
- Audit Pcard spending for compliance with policy.
- Prepare monthly extract of Concur expense data for Banner and Pcard bills for payment.
- Process invoices from the email queue to the Unimarket eProcurement system.
- Identify and resolve invoice errors to ensure timely payments.
- Review vendor exceptions in RiskPartner certificate of insurance tracking system, working directly with vendors and Risk Management staff to find resolution.
- Serve as front office support in absence of Purchasing Assistant, managing department mail, phone and email correspondence, and walk-in interactions.
- Make recommendations for process improvements and efficiencies.
- Perform other accounting and financial duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in accounting or related field.
- 2+ years’ experience in Accounts Payable or Purchasing.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Good interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Computer proficiency, especially Microsoft Excel and Outlook.
- Demonstrated knowledge of general business accounting practices.
- Ability to learn a variety of financial systems; experience with Ellucian Banner, SAP Concur, and Unimarket eProcurement software preferred.