Forklift/Warehouse Equipment – Adjunct Instructor (Workforce Development - Manufacturing)
Adjunct faculty provide interactive classroom or on-line based instruction and student academic support for assigned classes. Lesson plans are designed or delivered to ensure both quality and consistency of academic instruction. Strong candidates must possess good organizational skills, the ability to motivate and encourage success in fulfilling their teaching duties with minimal supervision. Faculty should have excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to use a wide variety of teaching methods to promote learning amongst a wide range of student backgrounds. Candidates should demonstrate resourcefulness, creativity, initiative and a sincere interest in transforming students’ lives so that they can reach their maximum potential, while being culturally sensitive and dependable.
Adjunct faculty may also have a responsibility for providing face to face instruction both on and off campus to local organizations, military groups, government entities, companies, and other educational institutions within HACC’s service region.
This position will be responsible for providing education as outlined above for the following discipline(s) and areas of study: Provides instruction in public and corporate non-credit forklift/forklift plus and/or warehouse training. Subject matter includes OSHA Safety, sit down lifts, stand up lifts with narrow aisle reach, cherry picker and hand palletizer. In-depth knowledge of logistics/warehouse environment essential. Ability to conduct theory and hands on curriculum.
Classes for this discipline typically require a minimum instructor time commitment of 24 hours/year and 8 hours/week; including weekend availability.Minimum Qualifications
Prior experience in the logistics and warehouse arena.
Prior experience in adult learning environments (may include training conducted on the job).
Must be approved as an OSHA safety trainer, have successfully completed a “Train the Trainer” forklift training course and have the ability to develop warehouse/forklift curriculum including certification exams.Qualifications: Preferred Experience
Industry Certifications and in-plant experience.
Manufacturing Skill Standards Council (MSSC)
Certified Logistics Associate (CLA) and Certified Logistics Technician (CLT) Instructor certification.
Bilingual English/Spanish.Additional Knowledge and SkillsPhysical Requirements
Positions in this class typically require: grasping, standing, feeling, walking, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 25 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Work includes standing most of the time. Walking and standing are constantly required with occasional sitting.
Working conditions: Worker is exposed to high levels of noise, potential safety hazards, and high speed equipment with moving parts.Licensing Requirements
As a requirement for this position, you are expected to provide current copies of the following: Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check, Federal Bureau of Investigation Criminal Background Check and Mandated Reporter Training Certificate prior to your first day of employment. These must have been obtained within the last 60 months and for the purpose of employment (not volunteer). You may submit current copies of your clearances to the Office of Human Resources at the time an offer of employment is made.Job Open Date02/14/2019Job Close DateOpen Until FilledYesSupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you first hear about this opportunity?
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Gettysburg Times/gettysburgtimes.com
- Hanover Evening Sun/hotjobs.com
- Harrisburg Patriot/PennLive.com
- Lancaster Intelligencer/lancjobs.com
- Lebanon Daily News/hotjobs.com
- York News/hotjobs.com
- If you selected Referral or Other above, please specify here.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have prior experience in the logistics and warehouse arena?
- * Do you have prior experience in adult learning environments?
- * Are you an approved OSHA safety trainer?
- * Please list any industry certifications that you have.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you meet all of the physical requirements of this job with or without reasonable accommodations?
- * By completing this application, you agree to work as a member of the College to develop a culture of inclusion, diversity, civility and respect for every member of our community. Further, that you will demonstrate commitment and sensitivity to the importance of inclusion and diversity. Do you agree with this statement?
- Cover Letter
- Any Other Relevant Document