Adjunct Faculty - ESL (Workforce Development)
The Language Institute runs Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced courses at our Harrisburg Midtown 1 and Lancaster campuses. Courses run during the Fall, Spring and Summer sessions. The current course schedule is located here:
HACC maintains a pool of applicants for adjunct faculty positions in Continuing Education in the area of English as a Second Language (ESL/ESOL). The Program Coordinator of the Language Institute will access this pool when an opening arises.Classification DescriptionList the broad major functions of the position.
Provides academic instruction and student academic support for assigned classes.
Performs tasks designed to ensure the quality and consistency of academic instruction.Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor’s Degree in ESL OR Bachelor’s Degree in Education/related field and TESL or TESOL certification
1 year of experience teaching ESL or another languageQualifications: Preferred Experience
•3+ years of experience teaching ESL or another languageAdditional Knowledge and SkillsPhysical RequirementsLicensing Requirements
PA Act 15 Clearances
As a requirement for this position, you are expected to provide current copies of the following: Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigation Criminal Background Check prior to your first day of employment. These must have been obtained within the last 60 months and for the purpose of employment (not volunteer). You may submit current copies of your clearances to the Office of Human Resources at the time an offer of employment is made.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you first hear about this opportunity?
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- PA Job Gateway
- HACC Website
- Employee Referral
- Other, please specify below
- If you selected Referral or Other above, please specify here.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have a Bachelor’s Degree in ESL?
- * Do you have a Bachelor’s Degree in Education/related field and a TESL or TESOL certification?
- * Do you have at least 1 year of experience teaching ESL or another language?
- * Do you have 3 or more years of experience teaching ESL or another language?
- * By completing this application, you agree to work as a member of the College to develop a culture of inclusion, diversity, civility and respect for every member of our community. Further, that you will demonstrate commitment and sensitivity to the importance of inclusion and diversity. Do you agree with this statement?
- Cover Letter
- Any Other Relevant Document
- Graduate Transcript