Senior Financial Analyst
Senior Financial Analyst
Job Number: 84484
Do you want to apply and grow your finance skills at one of the best medical schools in the world? Do you have experience developing complex forecast and budget scenarios; synthesizing data; and reviewing, designing, and implementing internal control programs? Then join the Fiscal Affairs team at one of the most recognized and respected brands in the world.
Stanford University School of Medicine is recruiting a Senior Financial Analyst in its Budget and Financial Planning group. Working closely with the Assistant Dean, Budget and Financial Planning, this position will assist in developing the School of Medicine's 15-year financial forecast and the School's annual consolidated budget of approximately $2.7 billion, and managing high-visibility, wide-ranging financial analysis projects.
The Senior Financial Analyst will work closely with departments, units, and programs to coordinate the annual budget process and assist in the set-up of budget tools. S/he will also perform financial analysis and present budget data to her/his immediate management team as well as other senior financial managers throughout the School. On behalf of the Assistant Dean, Budget and Financial Planning, s/he will make recommendations to senior management in the areas of forecasting and budget process improvements.
- Perform research and synthesize data, identify and understand trends and drivers in data, draw conclusions and insights, develop solutions, craft logical and succinct presentations to deliver insights, implement recommendations, and create follow-up analysis.
- Develop complex financial analyses, reports, and presentations, interpolate results from large amounts of data, perform root cause analysis and propose solutions, design and run ad hoc reports, and prepare or review complex transactions.
- Lead multiple complex, high-visibility process innovation projects to effect efficiency enhancements in core operational processes. Develop, champion, and implement strategic initiatives with significant impact. Empower action, remove obstacles, enable constructive feedback and support from leaders, and reward and recognize progress and achievements.
- Analyze problems in business critical systems and identify risks, solutions, and strategies; act as business owner of projects.
- Assess client and business needs and formulate recommendations to determine approach to managing and completing processes.
- Lead effort to develop and produce annual and ad hoc presentations, drawing data from actuals, budgets, and financial projections as well as incorporating insights, scenarios, recommendations, and implications from financial analyses.
* - Other duties may also be assigned.
This challenging position could require you to identify and resolve unique issues and conduct in-depth analysis using your advanced technical knowledge and experience. We may also rely on you to develop solutions that bring about policy changes and serve as a subject matter expert for complex technical or financial issues.
At Stanford University, not only are you part of an exceptional team that values innovation and education, but you also become part of a culture that brings out the best in you. Recently earning the top ranking in The Chronicle of Higher Education's list of “Great Colleges to Work For,” Stanford is an ideal setting for a Senior Financial Analyst looking to advance her/his career.
As one of the world's premier research institutions, Stanford University has launched hundreds of initiatives solely for the betterment of humanity. There is a commitment to fostering a workplace culture that promotes diversity, collaboration, and professional growth. Our culture offers career development programs, competitive pay that reflects market trends, and benefits that increase financial stability and promote healthy, fulfilling lives. Come experience a culture of excellence.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Finance, or Accounting.
- Expertise in budget applications and advanced PowerPoint and Excel / Google Sheets functions, including pivot tables and graphing.
- Ability to craft impactful presentations to enhance financial transparency and deliver financial analysis results and implications.
- Exceptional quantitative and financial analytical skills, especially with financial projections and forecasting.
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of projects.
- Strong problem-solving skills, working with stakeholders and other team members to fully analyze issues and develop insights and actionable recommendations.
- Expertise in institutional accounting systems, databases, data extraction methods, and report presentation.
- Self-starter and demonstrated capability to gain the respect of others, influence people of varying levels of authority in multiple organizations, and elicit cooperation without direct authority.
- Understanding of fund accounting and the operations of a medical school.
- Knowledge of Stanford's Oracle financial systems, data structures, and methods of report generation is highly preferable.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
- Bachelor's degree and eight years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Expert proficiency in business applications, such as Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel.
- Advanced knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning and financial systems; internet and computer literacy.
- Knowledge of GAAP.
- Advanced professional communication skills, including ability to prepare materials for and clearly and effectively communicate information to internal and external audiences, client groups, and all levels of management.
- Advanced project management skills and ability to lead large multi-functional teams.
- Constantly sitting.
- Frequently perform desk-based computer tasks, use telephone, writing by hand, sort/file paperwork.
- Occasionally stand/walk, lift/carry objects weighing 11-20 pounds.
- Rarely reach/work above shoulder.
*- Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- Routine extended working hours during peak cycles; travel to school/unit sites across university.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors bases on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4454
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: K
- Requisition ID: 84484
Location: School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency