Career Development Graduate Assistant (non-benefited)
Category:: Part Time Non-Benefited Positions
Department:: Internships & Career Development
Locations:: Boston, MA
Posted:: Aug 28, 2019
Closes:: Open Until Filled
Type:: PT No Benefits
About Bunker Hill Community College:
Bunker Hill Community College (BHCC) is a multi-campus institution with vibrant, urban campuses in Boston, Massachusetts, in nearby Chelsea, Massachusetts, and at several satellites and instructional sites throughout the Greater Boston area. The largest of the 15 community colleges in Massachusetts, BHCC serves some 18,000 students annually, focusing on holistic student services to ensure student retention and persistence. The College offers certificates and associate degrees, early college and dual enrollment, non-credit community and corporate training, and industry-specific training programs. BHCC is the 8th most diverse higher education institution in the United States, and is an Asian American and Pacific Islander Serving Institution. Approximately 1000 international students attend from 100 countries, speaking more than 75 languages.
Five institutional goals guide BHCC and its work: Foster Student Success; Strengthen Career, Transfer and Workforce Readiness; Advance Diversity, Inclusion and Equity; Build Partnerships and Pathways; and Develop the College's Infrastructure. BHCC is recognized nationally for its culturally inclusive learning environments that value the strengths of diverse students and local communities, and, as an Achieving the Dream Leader College, BHCC is focused on data-driven student success.
LIVING IN BOSTON:
Boston prides itself on being one of the most livable cities in America with twenty-one diverse neighborhoods offering exceptional medical facilities, vibrant neighborhood business districts, museums, galleries and an extensive network of parks and outdoor recreational areas. Unemployment consistently tracks lower than the national average and job growth in 2018 was higher than the national average. Twenty-nine colleges and universities in Boston serve more than 150,000 college students each year. Suburbs outside of Boston offer affordable housing options with easy access to public transportation.
The Career Development Graduate Assistant reports to the Director of Internships and Career Development in the Division of Professional Studies and works alongside the Internships and Career Development team to advocate for students and increase community awareness and student participation in a full range of internship and career opportunities. Responsibilities are to collaborate with the Internships and Career Development Department staff and other departments across the College to develop enhanced student and employer internship pipelines and placements for growth areas in the College.
- Advocate for students with prospective employers and internship sites
- Provide support, as needed, to other initiatives in the Career Development and Internships Department
- Support in the organization of on-campus events (Career Fairs, Networking Events, Luncheons)
- Contribute to the marketing and communication plan for the Department, including but not limited to creating content for both web and social media
- Learn and support the use of the career search online platform (GradLeaders)
- Support student job seekers by reviewing resumes, setting up mock interviews
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Communications, Social Sciences, Human Resources, Education or closely related field
- Collaborative, self-directed, outcome-oriented, and strong customer service presence
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, creative thinking, and communication skills
- Evidence of relationship-building
- Attention to detail
- Ability to learn and utilize new internet-based recruiting and computer technologies
- Ability to relate and understand the needs of a diverse student population and work effectively with a broad range of internal and external constituent
- Proven ability to work with a diverse faculty, staff and student population
Salary Range: 10-18hr/Week @ $15.00/Hour (non-benefited)
Review Date: Open until filled
To be considered for this position please upload the following documents to your account:
- Cover Letter
Please be sure to address the Required Qualifications in your documents.
If you need assistance applying through this website please contact our online Help Desk HERE