Hofstra University is a nationally ranked and recognized private university in Hempstead, N.Y. that is the only school to ever host three consecutive presidential debates (2008, 2012 and 2016). At Hofstra, students get the best of both worlds. Our campus is a leafy oasis just a quick train ride away from New York City and all its cultural, recreational and professional opportunities. We offer small classes and personal attention, with the resources, technology and facilities of a large university. Students can choose from more than 160 undergraduate program options and 165 graduate program options in the liberal arts and sciences, education, health professions and human services, the Peter S. Kalikow School of Government, Public Policy and International Affairs, the Fred DeMatteis School of Engineering and Applied Science, the Frank G. Zarb School of Business, the Lawrence Herbert School of Communication, the Maurice A. Deane School of Law, the Hofstra Northwell School of Graduate Nursing and Physician Assistant Studies, and the Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell. Hofstra University is a dynamic community of more than 11,000 students from around the world who are dedicated to civic engagement, academic excellence and becoming leaders in their communities and their careers.
The Project Coordinator works directly with the faculty for the Master of Science program and the Associate Dean for Clinical Affairs. The Project Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring all project goals and objectives are met, as per the work plan; ensuring key tasks are completed as per the time frame for the project; and overseeing, managing, coordinating, and tracking the project.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Recruit/select board-certified NPs as program preceptors sufficient to support 1:1 clinical site supervision
• Expand preceptor development program to enhance pedagogical methods aimed in teaching NP trainees how to assess and deliver value based care.
• Expand faculty development program to enhance pedagogical methods aimed in teaching NP trainees how to assess and deliver value based care.
• Enhance a centralized clinical placement process in collaboration with the graduate nursing program and Northwell Health
• Facilitate employment of graduates working in facilities providing care to rural and underserved populations.
• Enhance a transition to primary care career pathway in collaboration with Northwell Health and its affiliates
• Promote communication and collaboration between the graduate nursing program and Northwell Health
• Performs related duties as assigned.
• Master’s degree required
• Prior experience in a university medical/nursing school setting, preferred.
• Prior experience in education or healthcare
• Solid computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite, Internet applications, database software.
• Excellent written and communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Must possess strong interpersonal skills to interact tactfully and courteously with students, hospital partners and other staff members.
• Excellent decision making and time management competence.
• Demonstrated knowledge of policies and procedures relating to NP education that a current student may utilize.
For consideration, please send a cover letter and resume to:
Hofstra Northwell School of Graduate Nursing and Physician Assistant Studies
Attention: Kathleen Gallo, Dean
119 Hofstra University
Hempstead, NY 11549-1190
Phone: (516) 463-7489
Email: [email protected]
Hofstra University is an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering diversity in its faculty administrative staff and student body, and encourages applications from the entire spectrum of a diverse community.