2019-2020 FWS Student Worker, Computer Science
Job location: University Campus
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2019-08-29
Job Description SummaryThe selected student worker will assist the Department of Computer Science with a variety of office tasks. This position requires someone who is dependable, detail oriented, and can work under minimal supervision. The position will be up to 20 hours per week.Job Description
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of higher education.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Must be enrolled at Saint Leo University.
- Must hold Junior or Senior standing and majoring in either CS, CIS or Cybersecurity
- Skill in communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment, plan and organize work, prioritize work and manage time
- Must be able to work independently.
The work environment characteristics described here are a representation of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term “qualified individual with a disability” means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office and University, handle various type of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Saint Leo University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success.