Job Title: Assessment Coordinator
Reports To: Assistant Vice-President of Institutional Research / Chief Data Officer
Status: Full Time, Exempt
Reporting to the Assistant Vice-President of Institutional Research / Chief Data Officer, the Assessment Coordinator provides design and technical expertise to promote quality assessment. The Assessment Coordinator works with the institution’s assessment committee, faculty, staff and administrators to promote effective strategies for the academic assessment of student learning outcomes at institutional and program levels.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide and facilitate outreach in the form of workshops, training programs, and forums relative to academic assessment.
2. Support general education assessment in conjunction with the college's general education committee.
3. Collaborate closely with faculty and assessment committees.
4. Support student affairs and academic affairs departments in assessing student learning.
5. Support administrative department assessment of functional effectiveness.
6. Support other activities in the office of planning and institutional research.
7. Support the process and workload as needed for CCNE, IABCE, NCATE, MSCHE, and other accreditations.
1. Bachelor's degree in educational measurement and evaluation, educational research and statistics, or a related field (social sciences, statistics, or a field with a focus on evaluation and assessment). Master’s degree preferred. 2. Minimum of 3 years of experience in higher education or other relevant experience. 3. Direct experience in assessment of learning outcomes — preferably in a higher education setting. 4. Strong oral and written communication skills, as well as possessing the ability to interact with individuals at all levels. 5. Demonstrated ability to be motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail. 6. Exceptional relationship building skills. 7. Demonstrated fluency in research and report writing, as well as oral and graphic presentations. 8. Experience in basic statistics, database/spreadsheet management, and data analysis. 9. Preferred experience designing and presenting workshops on assessment. 10. Experience in Institutional Effectiveness, Assessment, or Research with experience assessing student learning outcomes is preferred. 11. Familiarity with software solutions to help manage the assessment cycle is preferred.