EKG Technician Training Instructor
Department:: Center For Workforce Development
Locations:: Roxbury Crossing, MA
Posted:: Aug 29, 2019
Closes:: Open Until Filled
Type:: Part Time
About Roxbury Community College:
Roxbury Community College is an urban, public, 2-year College serving a diverse community, including people of color, recent immigrants and non-traditional populations. The College's mission is to facilitate student success in achieving educational goals through the delivery of high-quality transfer and career programs. RCC strives to honor traditional commitments, and to be responsive to new challenges and insights through workforce training, ESOL, and community education. The student population at the college is diverse in ethnicity, gender, language, age and background. Roxbury Community College is an AA/EO employer and strongly encourages applications from candidates who would enhance the diversity of its staff. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
The EKG Technician training instructor will provide classroom and lab instruction within the EKG Technician training program. The instructor shall demonstrate excellent classroom and lab instruction skills, the ability to develop curriculum and to evaluate student performance. The Instructor shall work directly with the assistant director to align coursework with program requirements.
- Provide instruction for EKG Technician students in lecture setting.
- Assist with facilitation of demonstrations, observation, and evaluation of student essential skills performance.
- Prepare equipment for instruction by assembling necessary resources.
- Remain current in the field of EKG Technician Education through a variety of professional activities.
- Maintain records of activities undertaken in the class that may include completing forms, inputting data or compiling information regarding students and their progress in meeting instructional goals.
- Perform other essential job functions as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Individuals must possess the following knowledge and skills or be able to demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities. The instructor shall have:
- Thorough knowledge in the field of EKG and demonstrated ability to apply this knowledge.
- Hold a current license EKG Certification.
- Knowledge of the EKG Technician's role in the EKG profession.
- Ability to review, understand and apply concepts presented in training programs, conferences, and/or professional literature.
- A commitment to compliance for all students enrolled in the program requiring ADA accommodations
- Knowledge of teaching and instruction of adult learners, various audiences and group dynamics.
- Commitment to work with the Center for Workforce Development staff at all levels.
- Ability to competently advise and/or serve students from a variety of background, respecting cultural and socio-economic differences.
- Familiarity with and ability to operate or oversee the operation of audio-visual equipment, including overhead projectors, film, sound systems, video, television, interactive video and audio equipment including computer controlled mixed media presentations.
- Ability to use the Microsoft platform desktop computer and various software including Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- Visual ability, corrected, to enable instructors to observe, direct, and supervise students in laboratory situations.
- Ability to communicate orally with others, using the English language, with or without the use of an interpreter.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, using the English language, with or without the use of auxiliary aids or services.
- Current Massachusetts EKG License or EKG Technician Certification.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience working as a licensed EKG professional.
- Possess strong human relations skills and abilities to relate effectively to diverse personalities.
- Read, understand and express oneself clearly and effectively orally and in writing.
- Be a creative, energetic, and self-motivated individual with demonstrated leadership and organizational skills.
- Possess a working knowledge of personal computers and educational media equipment.
- Experience and comfort in communicating with adults from other nations, cultures and ethnic groups.
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act requires all institutes of higher education to disclose campus policy statements and crime statistics. Our annual report is available at www.rcc.mass.edu/clery.
Appointment is subject to SORI (Sexual Offense Registry Information) background check, and a publicly accessible Massachusetts CORI (Criminal Offense Registry Information) background check.
Roxbury Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or sexual violence shall be referred to the College's Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights.
Applicants MUST Submit the following documents:
- Cover letter
- List of 3 References