Administrative Program Coordinator
Administrative Program CoordinatorDean - School Of Science & Engineering
Location: New Orleans, LASummary
The Administrative Program Coordinator has general administrative responsibility for the Center for K-12 STEM Education in the School of Science and Engineering. The Administrative Program Coordinator exercises discretion and independent judgment, consistent with the mission and goals of the School of Science and Engineering. The Administrative Program Coordinator works side-by-side with the Director and Program Manager in planning all of the K-12 STEM Education activities, organizing annual outreach events, managing undergraduate interns and work-study students, and assisting with the daily operations of the Dean's Office. The Administrative Program Coordinator acts as the day-to-day community liaison for the Center. Duties include creating and distributing a Center newsletter, recruiting partner schools, and communicating with parents and students prior to events.
- High school and two years of related experience or Bachelor's degree in a biological or physical science, engineering, or mathematics.
- Bachelor's degree in a Biological or Physical Science, Engineering, or Mathematics
- At least two years experience in an academic or office setting
- Prior experience with K-12 STEM Education
- Experience with event organization a plus
- Experience with website content update or website design