Office Assistant – Part-time (24 hrs/wk), #19-083
Location: Cottleville, MO, USA
Pay Rate: Starting at $10.88 per hour, commensurate with experience
Pay Type: Hourly
Employment Type: Part-Time Staff
St. Charles Community College is located just west of St. Louis, nestled in the heart of growing St. Charles County. Established in 1986, SCC is a public, comprehensive two-year community college offering associate degrees and certificate programs in the arts, business, sciences and career-technical fields. SCC also provides workforce training and community-based personal and professional development as well as cultural, recreational and entertainment opportunities.
We are seeking a part-time Office Assistant (24 hours/week) who will perform Box Office duties and assist our performing arts department. The Office Assistant will greet students, patrons and visitors, answer incoming calls, take reservations, sell tickets and direct callers and visitors to the appropriate location or personnel. Additionally, this role will provide clerical support for the Arts and Humanities Division as a secondary function.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties as assigned by Arts and Humanities Office Coordinators Box Office Specialist, Dean of Arts and Humanities, or Director of Performing Arts.
- Assists with volunteer front-of-house positions during house-open and performance times.
- Maintains record of volunteer hours for purpose of giving service hour credit to volunteers for the work they do at performances.
- Maintains contact information on performing arts patrons and guests.
- Disseminates information about performing arts events in the form of posters, flyers and other communications.
- Orders, receives, and maintains office and/or production supplies for the Box Office and performing arts department.
- Takes payments for services and products (primarily in the form of Box Office ticket sales for performing arts events).
- Interfaces with high school faculty and/or staff when making arrangements for student matinee performances.
- Assists with performing arts special events and rentals.
- Assists with designing programs and play bills for productions.
- Answers and routes incoming telephone calls and retrieves messages from voice mail.
- Answers questions about organization and provides callers with address, directions, and other information.
- Welcomes on-site visitors, determines nature of business, and announces visitors to appropriate personnel.
- Provides data entry of records.
- Receives, sorts, and routes mail and publications.
- Alerts Public Safety office that school buses will arrive and what date and time they are expected, so that safety personnel can assist in overseeing the arrivals and direct the drivers to the location for parking of buses.
- Uses interpersonal skills to handle situations during performances when alerted by theater personnel or directors, such as crying/noisy children, boisterous patrons, etc.
- Creates, prints and sends memos, correspondence, reports, and other documents when necessary.
- Provides clerical support for rental contracts and supports billing.
- Performs other clerical duties as needed, such as filing, photocopying, and collating.
Supervisory Responsibilities This job has no official supervisory responsibilities. This position does train and oversee volunteer ushers and a box office assistant to work during performances.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
One year certificate from college or technical school; or three or more months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Basic computer experience in Word and Excel required.
- Free access to our fitness centerChild care and bookstore discountsDiscount for non-credit courses offered by our Corporate & Community Development department.Participation in the Public Education Employee Retirement System (PEERS)