Welcome Center Receptionist & Campus Visit Coordinator — Enrollment Management
Welcome Center Receptionist & Campus Visit Coordinator — Enrollment ManagementAugust 22, 2019Description
Earlham College invites applications for the position of Welcome Center Receptionist & Campus Visit Coordinator in the Office of Admission. This is a 12-month, full-time (40 hours per week during the academic year; 37.5 hours per week during the summer), hourly staff position with a starting rate of $11.71 per hour, with an increase to $11.86 per hour upon successful completion of 90-day introductory period. Compensation also includes a benefits package.
This position serves as the primary contact for the Welcome Center and provides direct support to the Associate Director of Admission to develop and manage all individual and group visit strategies and programs. This includes assistance and coordination of all aspects of the campus visit program, including interviews, campus tours, class observations, appointments with other campus offices, etc. The position schedules tour guides and assists with their training.Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Serves as phone, email and in-person receptionist and scheduler for visiting students and their families.
- Supports campus visit and event program logistics under the direction of the Associate Director of Admission.
- Works with faculty members to organize/arrange classroom visits for students and families.
- Works with the Student Life Office to organize/arrange overnight visits.
- Assists the Associate Director of Admission with the creation of overall visit event strategy and scheduling, plans and reserves campus facility spaces, manages visit RSVP system, collects and analyzes data to assess effectiveness of events, and monitors and responds to visitor challenges and customer service issues.
- Collaborates with community agencies to identify and obtain marketing materials appropriate for display in the Welcome Center.
- Generates electronic (email and web-based) communications to promote, remind, schedule and follow-up individual and group campus visit events.
- Generates letters and merges documents pertaining to visits.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- An associate degree with at least two years of experience in a related role, or a high school diploma/GED certification with at least four years of related experience is required.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and have the ability to multitask (handling several responsibilities at one time with potentially conflicting deadlines).
- Demonstrated ability to work with and supervise students in a diverse atmosphere.
- Must be able to work with people from around the world, including those with limited skills in English.
- Ability to accurately perform detailed work.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and operate with a high degree of professionalism.
- Strong work ethic and team player.
- Ability to work occasional evening and weekend hours.
- Strong decision-making, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate with various levels of management and across all departments at the College, in both written and verbal communication.
- Aptitude to learn database usage other customer relationship management and reporting systems (e.g., Banner, Slate).
This position requires commitment to providing excellent customer service to students and families, and a responsive and professional attitude when interacting with others. The candidate also must be comfortable with and confident in using personal computers and technology and be willing to learn and use new software systems. Candidates must have strong organizational skills, as the management of multiple programs, tasks and schedules is regularly required. Additionally, the position requires the successful candidate be able to communicate complex information clearly to campus visitors (most often prospective students and their families).Application Instructions
Please send a letter of interest, resume, and contact information for three references as a single electronic file to the Earlham College Human Resources Office at: [email protected].
The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Earlham College is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks applications from candidates who contribute to diversity in terms of race, ethnicity, age, religious affiliation, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, and veteran status, among other distinctions and contributions. As a College with a Quaker identity, Earlham also is eager to solicit applications from members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).
Earlham utilizes E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility for all newly hired employees within the United States.