Administrative Associate 4
Administrative Associate 4
Job Number: 84471
Administrative Associate 4
Job Code: 4104
Job Grade: G
FTE: 100%, non-exempt, 1 year fixed term
School of Engineering, Civil and Environmental Engineering The School of Engineering
Stanford Engineering has been at the forefront of innovation for nearly a century, creating pivotal technologies that have transformed the worlds of information technology, communications, health care, energy, business and beyond. Our faculty and students are creative risk-takers who pursue excellence across a breadth of disciplines. Our alumni include some of the world's most successful leaders in technology and business. Our staff are critical to enabling Stanford Engineering to accomplish its mission: seeking solutions to some of the world's most urgent challenges and educating leaders who will make the world a better place through the power of engineering principles, techniques and systems.
The Civil and Environmental Engineering Department (CEE) in the School of Engineering seeks an Administrative Associate to join its team of administrative staff. The department is home to a large and active student body, excellent and dedicated faculty, and highly skilled and experienced administrative staff members who maintain high standards of excellence in a collegial environment.
This position supports Professor Ram Rajagopal's research team and lab, and in particular a grant funding his research in smart grid management. The position entails significant financial reporting and oversight in addition to transactional support; in addition, the position includes typical faculty administrative support duties such as graduate student and postdoctoral appointment processing, course/teaching support, website content maintenance, financial transaction processing, event coordination, calendar and travel management, and similar responsibilities. This position reports jointly to Professor Rajagopal and to CEE's Director of Finance & Operations. The position will coordinate regularly with managers and other administrative staff in the department as well as personnel in the School of Engineering and central administrative offices.
Civil & Environmental Engineering website: http://cee.stanford.edu/
Your responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate with Engineering Research Administration (ERA) to manage and produce ARPAe quarterly financial reports using DOE and Stanford templates and submitting them via online portal (expenses will include cost share calculations, personnel, equipment, student support, etc).
- Aid ERA in managing PI grants and contracts, with particular focus on expense management for ARPAe grant, including transactional support, appointments of students and postdoctoral scholars, procurement and contracting for equipment and service, and close coordination with financial approvers in the department as well as the School of Engineering.
- Plan, coordinate and manage quarterly visits of funding agency's program ocers. Schedule and organize bi-annual visits with Powernet Industry advisory group-- including lodging, food, space, and presentation media. In general faculty support duties, assist with scheduling of weekly seminars, courses, oce hours, student and research group meetings, and events.
- Act on behalf of PI to resolve administrative or logistical problems using sound judgment with little or no guidance.
- Prepare information for presentation by PI or others working in PI's research group; may occasionally attend meetings or briefings on behalf of PI or others. Will sometimes represent PI, his lab, and his research group to representatives of funding agencies, to potential donors, or to other visitors.
- Manage PI communications including email and other correspondence, sometimes communicating on behalf of the PI with agencies, donors, and prospective donors as well as prospective research collaborators and students. Support research and technical reporting activities and prepare or support preparation of materials for presentation at seminars and conferences. Maintain lab/research group website and occasionally support media outreach eorts. In addition, provide support for pre- award proposal development and submission process.
- Manage full calendar for extremely busy PI, including daily meeting schedule as well as recurring business travel, and communicate frequently to keep him on schedule. Support visa process for visitors, postdoctoral scholars, students and others as needed.
*Other duties may also be assigned.
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- High school diploma and six years of administrative experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Advanced computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications.
- Proven success in following through and completing projects.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and assign work to others.
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of projects.
- Ability to routinely and independently exercise sound judgment in making decisions.
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job
Why Stanford is for You
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission are our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff members. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, submit a cover letter and resume along with your online application. Your one-page cover letter should briefly describe your background in administration and provide examples of your experience with attention to detail, follow-through, responsiveness, and flexibility.
Thank you for your interest! Additional Information
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4104
- Employee Status: Fixed-Term
- Grade: G
- Requisition ID: 84471
Location: School of Engineering, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency