Administrative Associate 2
Administrative Associate 2
Job Number: 84481
The Department of Anesthesiology, Pain and Perioperative Medicine, Division of Pain Management is seeking an Administrative Associate 2 (AA2) with excellent organizational skills, displays initiative, has proven work experience as an administrative assistant and is a great team player.
The Pain Management Center at Stanford University Medical Center offers a comprehensive range of services for patients dealing with acute or chronic pain problems. Each year, the Stanford University Pain Management Center provides care for more than 10,000 patients with acute, chronic, and cancer pain problems. Our focus is to treat the entire patient, addressing each problem that contributes to the patient's pain and inability to live their life to the fullest. To learn more about the Division of Pain Medicine, go to http://med.stanford.edu/paincenter.html.
This position will be located at 430 Broadway Street, Redwood City, California, 94063.
- Respond to inquiries, determine solutions and take appropriate action as required. Serves as liaison for Clerkship Pain Rotation by coordinating rotation schedule and informing participating faculty of rotation schedule and evaluation information. Oversees Visiting Professor Program by distributing communication and facilitate related social gatherings for visiting professor and faculty. Coordinate clinic observations through ACM and acquire required documents to insure compliance.
- Perform duties associated with scheduling, organizing, and operating for clinic conferences, seminars, and events, including recommending vendors for services, overseeing the production and distribution of materials, coordinating logistics, and serving as liaison with internal and external vendors.
- Draft and/or generate routine communications; coordinate production (formatting, copying, etc.) and dissemination of documents, such as presentations, course handouts, grant proposals, conference and seminar materials, complex reports, brochures, and displays.
- Plan and schedule calendar(s) based on consultation, resolve calendaring conflicts, and arrange travel in compliance with unit, university, and sponsor policies.
- Process and monitor routine financial transactions, which may include researching and resolving discrepancies.
- Maintain office supplies and equipment; obtain vendor quotations, as needed. Coordinate office moves.
- May serve as the point of contact for general maintenance, health and safety, and other facility concerns within the unit(s); report any incidents or potential safety problems to appropriate representatives. Track completion of required training.
- Maintain approved content on websites.
- May guide and train student and/or contingent workers including scheduling, assigning, and prioritizing workloads, setting appropriate deadlines, and reviewing work for quality and timeliness.
- Four-year college degree preferred.
- Stanford experience preferred.
- High school diploma and three years of administrative experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Proficient computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications.
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing routine tasks.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sitting.
- Occasionally stand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, use a telephone, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4102
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: A70
- Requisition ID: 84481
Location: Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency