Part-time Faculty French Horn Instructor
Job location: Rockville Campus
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2019-09-18
Montgomery College is Maryland’s premier community college, serving more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit programs. Montgomery College is one of Maryland’s most diverse community colleges, which includes more than 164 nations represented in our student body. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff are integral to our continued success.Job TitlePart-time Faculty French Horn InstructorJob Description SummaryJob Description
***Montgomery College accepts applications for Adjunct/Part-time Faculty on a continuous basis. Applications may be reviewed periodically based on the student enrollment needs. ***
- The listing of a course in the schedule of classes as “TBA” does not constitute an assignment.
- The hiring decision for part-time faculty involves an academic judgment and shall be determined at Management’s sole discretion.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Teach applied French horn courses.
- Commit to student learning, encourage engaged scholars, and provide counsel/guidance when there is a need.
- Integrate technology into the curriculum and be comfortable utilizing technology in a classroom setting.
- Provide instruction in Arts and Humanities General Education courses. (History of American Popular Music, Jazz History, Listening to Music and Intro to Music Theory, Recording technology)
- Maintain current knowledge in the subject matter areas.
- Prepare course syllabi, lesson plans, and all course related material in coordinating with the Performing Arts Chair.
- Teach assigned classes in keeping with approved syllabi, outlines, and instructional materials.
- Track and accurately record student performance in compliance with Montgomery College requirements.
- Assignments may include day, evening, weekend, multi-campuses, on-line and off-campus classes.
- Master’s degree (or higher) in the teaching field or a Master’s (or higher) degree with 18 graduate hours in the teaching field.
- Experience teaching at the college level.
- Willingness and flexibility to teach course sections as needed.
- Ability to integrate technology into course delivery.
- Ability to teach in a multicultural setting.
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship.
- Recent community college or university teaching experience.
- Demonstrated ability to provide instruction in the following: History of American Popular Music, Jazz History, Listening to Music and Intro to Music Theory, Recording technology.
- Apply online at http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment.
- For consideration, you must: (optional)
Include dates of employment in your application or attachment;
Submit a cover letter along with an un-official copy of your transcripts from your highest degree earned.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check.