Federal Work Study - Institutional Services
Position Title:Federal Work Study - Institutional Services Job Category:Student Department:Federal Work Study Program - 7510180 Division:Enrollment Management Services Required Documents:Cover Letter, Resume, Student Detailed Class Schedule Position Statement:Founded in 2005, Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC) is one of 28 institutions within the University System of Georgia. GGC is a premier 21st century liberal arts institution accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. Serving nearly 13,000 students, GGC’s innovative practices, caring culture, and extremely affordable tuition are changing the game in higher education and changing the future for students at all levels, of all ages, and from all walks of life. Gwinnett County (pop. 920,000+) is home to a variety of businesses, including organizations involved in health care, education and information technology. Description:
Institutional Services is seeking an energetic, team oriented student to support the Institutional Services team. As a student representative of Institutional Services, the student in this position will assist with organization of commencement related materials and meetings, as well help maintain organization of office processes. Student must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills, as well a keen sense of punctuality.
- Organization of office files to include: purchase requisitions, payment request, approval for travel and other files as deemed appropriate.
- Assist Institutional Services Team in commencement planning processes as deemed appropriate.
- Work with Campus Scheduling Coordinator to organize materials, specifically the 25Live reservation confirmations.
- Perform basic event scheduling with oversight from Campus Scheduling Coordinator
- Help maintain organization of office processes
- Assist System Admin in 25Live Space Inventory and system accuracy.
- Work with Project Coordinator regarding planning of Commencement Committee meetings and assigned projects.
- Review of 25Live training materials for “User Friendly” flow.
- Assist with 25Live event input, after comfort level has been reached
- Assist with organization of commencement related materials for meetings.
- Support Institutional Services staff for campus events scheduled through the Office of Institutional Services.
- Must have a Federal Work-Study award and be in good academic standing.
- Must be currently enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours and be able to handle confidential information.
- Proficiency with PC and/or Mac computers.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds.
- Punctual – MUST be on-time for major campus events coordinated by the Office of Institutional Services
- Some Microsoft Office Suite knowledge. To include Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to write and communicate effectively across multiple offices.
Due to the volume of applications, applicants may not receive a reply from the College unless an applicant is selected for an interview. Review of applications will continue until positions are filled. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States and proof of eligibility will be contemporaneously required upon acceptance of an employment offer. Any resulting employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation and credit check if applicable to the position, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion. Georgia Gwinnett College, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or religion. Georgia is an open records state.
Position may require local travel. Ability to lift and carry files and materials. Ability to move from one office to another office on campus. Adequate vision, hearing and manual dexterity to interact with people in person, on the phone and in writing. Applicant must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.Work Hours:Up to 25 hours per week Position Status:Part-Time FLSA:Non-exempt