Post Doctoral Associate
Job location: Coral Gables, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-08-26
If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Where Excellence Meets PurposeThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful purpose to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.The University has been named on Forbes's Best Employers list for two consecutive years, and is the only university in Florida to receive this honor.The University Of Miami, Department Of Psychology’s School Readiness Lab, supervised by Dr. Daryl Greenfield, seeks to hire a full-time Post-Doctoral Associate. The Post-Doctoral Associate will lead the development and implementation of content that supports knowledge building, transfer to practice, and collaborative reflection for all stakeholders involved in each unique school (e.g., teachers, master teachers, families). The Post-Doc will also oversee and lead data collection, data analyses and dissemination efforts related to the project. The Post-Doctoral Associate should be proficient in both quantitative and qualitative data analysis, as well as presenting and writing research findings. They will also assist the PI on meeting project objectives, mentoring graduate students and coordinating presentations and manuscript preparations documenting the impact of the program.
Interested applicants should submit their CV and a cover letter with their application.
- Ph.D. in developmental psychology or related field
- Fully Bilingual (English/Spanish) to support research population
Core Job Responsibilities
- Works and collaborates on studies related to field of study.
- Ensures the design, development, execution and implementation of scientific research and/or development in collaboration with a research team.
- Investigates the feasibility of applying a wide variety of scientific principles and theories to potential inventions and products.
- Maintains substantial knowledge of state-of-the-art principles and theories.
- Contributes to scientific literature and conferences, when appropriate.
- Assist PI in implementing an inquiry-based approach to improve parent and teacher practices, which will support and improve developmental outcomes for infants and toddlers.
- Assist PI in presentations and writing publications of research findings.
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative data analyses.
- Assist PI in training and mentoring graduate students in data analysis and manuscript publication.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:r5