Adjunct Assistant Professor, ITE (Programming and Analysis)
Title:Adjunct Assistant Professor, ITE (Programming and Analysis) Opportunity Type:Part-time Position Type:Adjunct Faculty Position Classification:Exempt Home Department:ITE/Programming and Analysis Open until filled:Yes Overview:
Santa Fe College (SF) has been recognized as one of the top-rated community colleges in the United States. Santa Fe College is a comprehensive public college that offers a range of Bachelor’s degrees, Associate in Arts, Associate in Science and Associate in Applied Science degree options, as well as Certificate and Non-Degree programs. Santa Fe College is a student-centered institution with a commitment to open access, academic excellence, and cultural and ethnic diversity. A high quality of life, temperate climate, proximity to the University of Florida, diverse cultural events, and plentiful recreational opportunities make SF and Gainesville an ideal community to work and live.
The Information Technology Education (ITE) prepares students for careers within computer programming, network administration, computer support and other technical occupations in the information technology field. The Information Technology Education Program at Santa Fe College currently offers eight certificate programs, four Associate of Science degrees and one Bachelor of Applied Science degree.
The Information Technology Education department is seeking an onsite Adjunct Assistant Professor, Programming & Analysis. Under the Lead Faculty, the Adjunct Assistant Professor prepares and teaches a variety of coursework in information technology, and may include MS Office apps for college computing, web development, applications development, programming languages, database management, as well as other subject areas, depending on applicant’s qualifications. Adjunct Faculty are employed on a term-by-term basis and may be assigned teaching duties at SF’s main Northwest campus, any of the College’s six educational centers, or online, depending on student needs, course scheduling, and instructor availability. Additionally, course offerings may be taught during the day or evening depending on instructor availability, or online, as well as taught using other distance learning formats.
The Adjunct Assistant Professor will be expected to teach a variety of A.S and/or B.S. courses within the ITE program depending on their qualifications and availability.Responsibilities and Duties:
- Work under the Lead Faculty to plan, organize, and deliver programming and analysis instruction in didactic, laboratory and/or classroom settings to promote student success within a community college setting.
- Support the mission of the department and college to promote student learning through quality instruction, curriculum enhancement, faculty scholarship, professional development, and service.
- Assist with the implementation of college policies, procedures, and practices in accordance with the Santa Fe philosophy, values, and mission.
- Appropriately document student progress and maintain records including attendance and student learning outcomes.
- Provide students with frequent, timely assessment of and clear feedback regarding academic performance.
- Strictly honor student confidentiality and privacy as per appropriate laws, regulations and college rules.
- Provide service excellence through courteous, informed, accessible and professional engagement.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Academic Chair, Information Technology EducationQualifications:
Preferred: Progressive work experience in field. Relevant teaching experience within a community college setting.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work successfully in a multi-cultural environment.
- Communication – able to effectively communicate in a professional, diplomatic, empathetic, and tactful manner using preferred method and level as applicable to the job.
- Relationship Management – able to personally provide high level of interactive service to others, building relationships and addressing identified needs.
- Systems & Software - proficient level of knowledge of Microsoft Office and/or relevant position software programs.
Application Process: All applicants must complete the SF Employment Application, submit an up-to-date resume, as well as college transcripts through the job portal to be considered for this position. Unofficial transcripts are only accepted for review purposes, official transcripts are required prior to any offer of employment being made. Official transcripts for purposes of employment are defined as those sent directly from the awarding institution to an agent of Santa Fe.
All submitted materials will be routed to the following Job Contact:
Jorge Ibanez, Academic Chair, Information Technology Education
Required Documents:Resume/Curriculum Vitae, Unofficial Transcripts