Producing for Unscripted Television Instructor
Requisition Number19-0154 Post Date8/2/2019 LocationStudio School - Los Angeles, CA TitleProducing for Unscripted Television Instructor Part TimeYes CityLos Angeles StateCA Career InformationWe appreciate your interest in the Studio School's employment opportunities.
What to Expect with the Online Application Process:
Before you begin the online application process, be sure to:
•Allow up to 20 minutes to complete the online application.
•Have your e-mail address and an up-loadable version of your resume ready.
•Once you have up-loaded your resume, please complete a short questionnaire that will vary in length based upon the position.
Applications are accepted only for current job openings. The Studio School is a division of Hussian College Group. If you are a current Hussian College Group employee, please use the UltiPro system via the “My Company” tab so that the recruiting department recognizes you as an internal candidate.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate with regard to employment, promotion, pay or place of work because of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. Employment with the Company does not constitute a contract for any specific period of time and any Associate is free to resign at any time with or without a reason, just as the company may end an Associate’s employment at any time with or without a reason. The Company will, in compliance with the ADA, and in response to our dedication to the employment of qualified individuals with disabilities, accommodate essential job functions whenever feasible.
DescriptionStudio School is currently hiring qualified candidates to instruct Producing for Television: Unscripted courses within our Film + Digital Content department. Instructor will teach all aspects of producing from conceptualization to delivery. Areas of study will include the daily workflow of physical production as well as the creative side, and the producer's relationship with the network.
All Faculty report to the Department Chair. Faculty works closely with the school's administrators, academic advisers and administrative staff. Successful candidates are high-energy leaders with a passion for teaching and a collaborative style that promotes integrity, empowers vision, displays flexibility and inspires creativity.
- Teaching semester-course(s) in area of expertise.
- Establishing and communicating clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects.
- Instructing students individually and in groups; adhering to Studio School teaching styles; and using various instructional methods, such as lectures, discussions and demonstrations.
- Administrative activities; such as, grading course work; participating in general curriculum development; maintaining and completing student records as required by administrative policy; preparing and administering written, oral, and performance-based tests; and submitting final grades in accordance with Studio School policy.
- Supporting the mission and core values of Studio School as a leader and representative. These core values include craft, story, entrepreneurship and collaboration.
- Supporting departmental and school-wide expansion by championing the philosophy and objectives of Studio School and Hussian College.
- Executing other duties as assigned.
RequirementsThe following job requirements represent minimum levels of education, experience and competencies/abilities needed to perform this job successfully:
1. Education: BFA preferred.
2. Experience: Must have demonstrated experience teaching and a minimum of four years of practical working experience; ability to quickly adopt learning management systems and education technologies, and experience utilizing technology to increase efficiency and productivity;
3. Preferred Experience: Experience in film, television, and theater; knowledge/professional experience in the entertainment industry with relevant or current projects; a strong record of achievement in creative work and the ability to demonstrate such upon request.
4. Competencies: Incumbent must (be) able to:
- Project a professional image and provide outstanding customer service
- Keep commitments, meet deadlines and achieve demanding results
- Organize and execute around multiple priorities
- Communicate effectively, outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Speak effectively to both large and small groups of people
- Prepare and conduct effective presentations
- Demonstrate excellent listening skills
- Cooperate and collaborate as a member of a team
- Excellent leadership and motivational skills
- Strong presence/history in the Campus Community preferred
- Strong training skills
- High ethical standards
- Eligible to be bonded
- Ability to travel as required
- Use Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint to prepare and maintain records, correspondence, reports and other data
- Embrace and demonstrate on an ongoing basis the Company’s core values of - Continuous Improvement, Excellence, Innovation, Integrity, Respect, Service, - Teamwork and Having Fun.
5. Physical and Mental Requirements:
Physical Requirements: This job requires normal physical mobility, including the ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Normal hand-eye coordination; arm, hand and finger dexterity, including the ability to grasp and lift up to 40 pounds, is also required.
Mental Requirements: This job requires the ability to read, recall, write and understand information. This job also requires the ability to work under moderate pressure and to manage multiple tasks concurrently.
Environment: This job is normally performed in a clean, well-lighted, heated and cooled office area/classroom.
The purpose of this job description is to document the Major Responsibility Areas (MRAs) and key Duties normally required of this position. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only responsibilities or duties to be performed by incumbents. Associates are expected to follow all job related instructions and perform any other duties assigned by their supervisor(s).
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate with regard to employment, promotion, pay or place of work because of race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability or age. Employment with the Company does not constitute a contract for any specific period of time and any associate is free to resign at any time, with or without a reason, just as the Company may end an associate’s employment at any time, with or without a reason. The Company will, in compliance with the ADA, accommodate essential job functions whenever feasible.
Share this job with your network:
Diversity Profile: University
AAUP COMPENSATION SURVEY DATAView more
Learn more on Inside Higher Ed's College Page for University
|Work Type:||Full Time|
Share this job with your network: