Instructor I, Nurse Aide #999927-Previous Applicants Do Not Need To Apply
Posting DetailsPosition Summary Information Job Summary / Basic Function
Provides instruction for students enrolled in the Nurse Aide Program in the Allied Health and Science Department. Additional duties include advising, tutoring, student counseling, recruiting, and working with advisory committees. Teaching assignments may include day, evening, weekend, and summer classes on the LIT campus and at our Early College High School campuses.
Major Essential Functions:
•Effectively recruit, advise, tutor, and retain students.
•Maintain office hours.
•Teach day and/or evening classes and labs during the fall, spring, and summer semesters as required by the department.
•Attend Teaching and Learning Center to upgrade teaching skills.
•Awareness of national issues and trends in education and nursing.
•Assist in the development of curriculum and courses as needed.
•Serve on committees and provide community service.
•Manage the Nurse Aide Program to comply with state reporting requirements.
•Responsible for maintaining and setting up equipment related to nursing courses.
•Willing to develop skills necessary to teach on-line courses.
•Abide by the policies and procedures contained in TSUS and LIT Policies and Procedures Manual.
•Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education Required:
Associate Degree in Nursing from a regionally accredited institution is required.
Minimum Experience Required:
(A.) be an RN in the state of Texas;
(B.) have a minimum of two years of nursing experience, with at least one year of employment providing long term care services in a long term care facility licensed by the Department of Health and Human Services; and
(C.) have completed a course that focused on teaching adult students or have experience in teaching adult students or supervising nurse aides.
Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of Texas
•Knowledge of scientific teaching methodologies/pedagogical strategies.
•Actively engage students in the learning process.
•Ability to work well in a team environment.
•Possess good verbal and written communication skills.
•Possess good time management skills.
•Maintain ethical and professional behavior.
•Possess basic skills in Microsoft Office applications.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Applicants must be able to perform duties (patient transfer, etc.) consistent with the nursing profession. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The job conditions described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, work is normally performed in a typical classroom, nursing skills lab, and long term care facility environment with minimal noise.
Lamar Institute of Technology Expectation of Quality:
Employee will support the mission of Lamar Institute of Technology by providing high quality, professional services, timely responses and solutions to customer requests.
Lamar Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.Preferred QualificationsSecurity Sensitive Statement
This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.SalaryCommensurateWork Hours Application Details Open Date08/23/2019Open Until FilledYesClose DatePosting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is the highest level of education you have achieved? Please note that only education received from a regionally accredited institution of higher education will be considered when determining if your education credentials meet the requirements for the position.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Associate's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- All but Dissertation
- Earned Doctorate
- Professional degree (MD, JD, etc)
- * In what subject did you receive your degree(s)?
(Open Ended Question)
- * The Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB) maintains a list of Institutions Whose Degrees are illegal to Use in Texas. You can search for your institution on the THECB website at: http://www.thecb.state.tx.us/index.cfm?objectid=3D2801D0-1C9F-11E8-BC500050560100A9. Copy and paste this link into a web browser in order to search under "Fraudulent or Substandard Institutions" for your college/university attended for your degree. Please check your answer BEFORE you submit your application. HR is not responsible for checking your answer nor resubmitting your application back into the pool if you do not answer this question correctly. As part of your educational qualifications for this position, are you claiming a degree from any of the institutions listed on the THECB website referenced above?
- Yes, my institution IS on this list & IS Not accredited.
- No, my institution is NOT on this list & IS accredited.
- * Do you have a minimum of two years of nursing experience, with at least one year employment providing long term care services in a long term care facility, licensed by the Department of Health and Human Services?
- * Are you claiming Veteran's Preference in accordance with Texas Senate Bill 805, Section 657.003? PLEASE READ IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS: To be considered for Veteran's Preference, applicants must complete and email to [email protected] a Standard Form 15 located at https://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/sf15.pdf to include the required documents per the instructions on the form. Emails MUST also include position titles and posting numbers for each and every position applied for. APPLICANTS WHO FAIL TO EMAIL ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS BEFORE A POSTING CLOSES WILL NOT BE AWARDED VETERAN'S PREFERENCE.
- Letter of Interest
- Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial Transcript 1