Agricultural Sciences Office/Lab Assistant
Posting DetailsPosition Information Posting NumberST140209Position TitleAgricultural Sciences Office/Lab AssistantDepartmentAgricultural & Horticultural SciencesDivisionAcademic AffairsSalary Range - Minimum$8.50 per hourFull Time / Part Time? Part TimeHours per weekApprox. 10 hours per weekTemporary? NoNumber of DaysN/A Posting Detail Information Posting Date08/20/2019Closing Date09/16/2019Open Until FilledNoSpecial Instructions to Applicants
All offers of employment are contingent upon the following:
• Satisfactory results of a background check
• Post-offer, pre-employment physical exam in circumstances where the nature of the work renders it appropriate or where Federal law or regulation requires
Application Procedures: “Apply to this Job at employment.jjc.edu”
POSITION TITLE: Agri Sciences Office Lab/Assistant
DEPARTMENT: Agricultural & Horticultural Sciences
REPORTS TO: Brad Angus
Assist Agriculture Department Chair/Professor with Agriculture Lab/Office Duties and Recruiting
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
1.Ag Laboratory set up and dismantling
2.Typing, filing, letter writing and organizing
3.Hosting potential students while they are on campus
4.Assist with FFA (Future Farmers of America) recruitment
5.Available approximately 10 hours per week
6.Perform related duties as assigned.
1.Proficient in Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel
2.Good public speaking ability
3.Current Agriculture student
•Normal Office/Lab physical demands
•Duties are performed indoors in the usual office/Agriculture lab environment
Joliet Junior College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action college supporting diversity.Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Do you have at least a 2.0 grade point average at Joliet Junior College?If you are brand new to Joliet Junior College, and do not yet have a grade point average, use the GPA from your previous institution.
- Are you enrolled into at least 6 credit hours at Joliet Junior College?
- Are you currently an Agriculture student at Joliet Junior College?
- Cover Letter