Program Manager - Advanced Manufacturing
Program Manager - Advanced Manufacturing
Under the direct supervision of the Dean of Workforce Development, provide leadership and direction of the development and implementation of an Advanced Manufacturing program at Hocking College. This position is the entrepreneur of the program/Responsibilities include but are not limited to supervision of faculty, curriculum development, teaching, recruitment, accreditation, and employer engagement and partnerships. Annual salary range is $60,000 - 65,000.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement Advanced Manufacturing programs at Hocking College.
- Supervise instructors including hiring and training. Participate in faculty development activities and provide growth opportunities for teaching methodologies as it relates to the Advanced Manufacturing program.
- Engage business and industry in apprenticeship and employment opportunities.
- Advise students; develop and sustain student relationships through participation in student orientation, intrusive advising, coaching, and mentorship.
- Monitor student attendance, grades, retention, classroom observations, instructor evaluations. Provide actionable information to the Dean of Workforce Development, the Vice President of Academic Affairs and Workforce Development, and the President.
- Instruct courses and serve as the lead instructor of the Advanced Manufacturing certificate and degree program.
- Participate in annual curriculum review including but not limited to forming an Advanced Manufacturing Advisory Board of industry experts and employers.
- Provide oversite and management of the Hocking College Workforce Development and Training Center in Lancaster Ohio.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering Technology or related field (Master’s Degree preferred).
- Five (5) years of professional engineering experience, including mechatronics and robotics and automation.
- Advanced knowledge of motors and controls and PLCs.
- Advanced knowledge of safety and preventive maintenance as it relates to manufacturing.
- Advanced knowledge of designing and building prototypes from rough sketches, including circuitry design, blueprint reading, wiring diagrams, schematic drawings, and engineering instructions for assembly.
- Experience using drafting instruments and computer-aided design.
- Advanced knowledge and experience using robotic and welding equipment that relates to the welding process, including processing and correcting robotic challenges which include but are not limited to weld integrity, maintaining and programming welding equipment, and automated and manual welding power supplies and rectifiers.
- Experience assembling, testing, and maintaining circuitry or electronic components according to engineering instructions, technical manuals, and knowledge of electronics using hand and power tools.
- Evidence of continuing education and professional development maintaining working knowledge of new innovative practices in Advanced Manufacturing.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Organizational, record-keeping, and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of educational theory and application.
- Knowledge of learners and individual learning styles.
- Interest in and commitment to the learner-centered educational process.
- Educational technology skills.
- Caring attitude toward students.
- Learning and self-motivation skills.
- Knowledge of College resources available to students.
- Knowledge of organizational structure.
- Openness to suggestions for improvement.
- Attention to detail.
- Flexibility in dealing with others.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to prioritize work.
- Behaves in accordance with Hocking College and Academic Affairs mission, goals, and values.
- Positive attitude.
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://hocking.edu/careers/431
Reasonable accommodations may be requested and reviewed according to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Position will remain open until filled.
Hocking College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, religion, age, disability or military status in employment or the provision of services.
When contacted for an interview, an applicant who requires special accommodations due to a disability should notify the office at that time so proper arrangements can be made for the interview.
3301 Hocking Parkway
Nelsonville, OH 45764
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency